Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[mods, feel free to move if you think this would be more appropriate in the gear section]

Hey guys,

For the new riders out there who are balking at the cost of gear, make sure to periodically check new enough's closeouts section.

http://www.newenough.com/product_department_closeouts.htm

If you find gear you like here, it can really cut the costs. I just picked up some MotoGP textile pants for under 100. You can also pick up some held gloves (supposed to be quite nice but I've never used them) for under 100, too.

They're also very good with customer service, so give them a call if you're not sure on sizing, ordering, or who you are.

Hope this helps..

·
Calm like a bomb!
7,944 Posts
Also...check out the SBN vendors. They have KILLER deals on gear.

cyclemartusa has the hook up on just about anything you need

sportbiketrackgear has great deals on MotoGP suits, AGV helmets, Tires...all kinds of stuff.

If you dont see a price you like or an item that you need...CALL THEM! :dblthumb

newenough.com has great deals too. :cheers

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i'm gonna recommend www.denniskirk.com check their close-out section often. usually inbetween the good days their prices are great, but sizes are in the extremes. If you check regularly you may be able to find a normal size at an excellent price

but also +1 on www.cyclemartusa.com i cannot say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

However, I believe you can donate $1 from your sale to SBN with an order to NewEnough. Doesn't cost you anything; they pocket the expense.

[I'll admit that I donated to Sport-Touring because that's where I found newenough. SBN will get it from my next order, I promise!]

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Booone0 said:
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

However, I believe you can donate $1 from your sale to SBN with an order to NewEnough. Doesn't cost you anything; they pocket the expense.

[I'll admit that I donated to Sport-Touring because that's where I found newenough. SBN will get it from my next order, I promise!]
Not offending, it's just that our sponsors pay for the site and help us out. A dollar here and there is fine, but it costs more than one dollar to run a site this large.

Our sponsors make this site possible and I believe we need to return the favor in kind.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it - and I also understand that it takes more than a dollar to run any site, let alone one this big. But, every dollar helps.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Booone0 said:
I get it - and I also understand that it takes more than a dollar to run any site, let alone one this big. But, every dollar helps.
Not trying to demean you, but we work at this site for free. If we lost a sponsor that would not be good. Compared to what we take in from donations from the vendor you're promoting, there's a huge difference.

Besides, they have great prices and great service as well and you would never know unless you tried them.This site would like to stay free. Supporting our vendors, who support this site is the best way to do that.

·
Calm like a bomb!
7,944 Posts
The vendors we have on SBN will beat just about any price on any item...all you have to do is call or email them.

I am a cheap bastard...I mean CHEAP...and I found some phoenominal deals while shoping around with the vendors. :D

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Also for those New Riders that don't want to spend the money. Click the link in my signature or the one in Rascus'. It may cost you some money and be hot but I promise it is a hell of a lot cheaper then skin graphs and less painful.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
It is true, good gear can cost a lot of $$$.

The good part is you only have to buy it all at once when you start riding. That's why it's so important to put $$$ aside for that when purchasing your first bike.

I still have my 1st leather jacket from a*, first boots from a*, and first shoei helmet I ever bought in great shape. I've gone through several pairs of gloves and have a couple extra helmets now, but over the years the amount of money annually spent on gear declines significantly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts