Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the first time in a very long time it's not suppost to rain when I have to go to school so I decided to take my bike. It was a good ride but when I got there I didnt have anything to do with my gear. I tried to shove my helmet im my back pack and just carry my books but it wouldnt fit. So i ended up having to wear my jacket and carry my helmet across campus. I guess my question is what do you think I should do with my gear? Im just looking for suggestions. I considered riding without the jacket like the other bikers do, but I have a pretty long ride that includes highway and city as well as country riding. Kinda makes me feel more comfortable with it on... I guess I could just lock my helmet to my bike. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Keep the books in the bag, wear the jacket until you get to class then take it off, carry the helmet.

I mean yeah it may suck having to carry that extra weight around while in school, but if you feel more comfortable with it why let school stop you from wearing it?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
im only bout a mile or less from campus so i just ride in helmet and gloves. i wear my jacket when its colders and just wear it into class and carry my helmet w/ my gloves in it. the chicks seem to like the biker guys :twofinger dont tell my g/f i said that though :lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
i carry my helmet everywhere. If your jacket looks like something out of Power Rangers, maybe you could invest in a nice, plain looking jacket that would look relatively normal but still provide protection.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Put a cable lock through one sleeve of your jacket and your helmet's chinbar, and lock them to your bike. The only things I ever carry are gloves and boots (usually just wear them). I lock textile pants to the bike too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I ride to school almost everyday. Don't use your helmet lock, people could piss in your helmet, or cut the strap, who knows. I carry my leather jacket and helmet around with me, and really, I don't get too many wierd looks. Mainly it's just people interested in bikes that will say something to me, and I'll bs with them for a minute or two and continue on my way. Nothing wrong with carrying around gear Imo, at least you're wearing it. Someday you'll be glad you were sliding on leather (or textile) instead of your skin. Besides, chicks dig leather.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm with snigg, I live ON campus, and the speed limit is 20, so if I do actually ride on campus, I've got my helmet and jeans usually. Squidly? Yes, but its a calculated risk that I'm willing to take. I rarely ride around campus, but any farther than that and I'm in my gear.

If it comes to it, I plan to cable lock the jacket to the bike in the event I ride on campus when its cold.

·
Registered
74 Posts
andrew_02 said:
I ride to school almost everyday. Don't use your helmet lock, people could piss in your helmet, or cut the strap, who knows. I carry my leather jacket and helmet around with me, and really, I don't get too many wierd looks. Mainly it's just people interested in bikes that will say something to me, and I'll bs with them for a minute or two and continue on my way. Nothing wrong with carrying around gear Imo, at least you're wearing it. Someday you'll be glad you were sliding on leather (or textile) instead of your skin. Besides, chicks dig leather.
That's a new one for me... how much do you have to piss somebody off to get your helmet peed in?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Like others have said, I also carry my helmet, with my gloves in them, and wear my jacket when walking between classes. When I get to my class, I can usually find an empty desk to keep my helmet and jacket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, damn it, now ill never lock it on my bike.. I'd love to get a nice leather jacket, ive heard textile isnt the best to have when sliding across the pavement.. not that i plan to. I dont have too much of a problem carrying them, i guess i just feel a little awkward in class in my jacket. I'll probably feel better knowing that chicks like biker guys. Oh and worrying about my helmet rolling around on the floor... I guess its worth it. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Most guys here wear their jackets and carry their helmets and gloves. Nobody will say much....everyone knows you have a bike if you're carrying a dome and wearing a jacket. If anything, people think its cool, not something to bag on you about.

·
Registered
968 Posts
What about an Icon Urban Tank bag and wear the jacket?

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
wear my jacket and carry my bucket.......only time i've ever locked my jacket to the bike was when i've gone to events that are outside and I would sweat my ass off wearing it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do like nig. I put a cable lock thru my rear wheel, jacket sleeve and around the big steel pipe that you can lock the bike to in the bike lot. But I keep my gloves in my backpack and carry my helmet around with me. My leather jacket's all black and after sitting in the 90* sun for hours, it's freakin' hot when putting it on. I think I'm the only one that wears a jacket to school when it's this hot. And one of the few that even wear pants. Yet they all have the latest and greatest bikes...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I just deal with it and carry my gear around.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I haven't gone back to school yet, but I plan on wearing my jacket and overpants into school, and carry my helmet and gloves. When I actually get to class, I will just take my jacket off and leave my overpants on (I'm lazy... :D).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts