Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 CBR 954rr. IT hade 120 miles on it when i bought it. It started missing and gradually got worse so i put new plugs in it.when i restarted it it started smoking real bad,so i killed it. When i started it back up it quit smoking but fuel started pouring out the exhaust.I haven't started it since. It set for two years before i bought it. anybody help please.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
For your sake I hope there is a power commader on it and thats your problem.

More likely though, the fuel that sat in that bike has decided to gum up the injectors and has locked them wide open. Now when the computer tells them to fire they have been letting fuel out of them the whole time. This would explain the fuel comming out the exhaust.

An easy way to check it out would be to take the injectors out and have them cleaned and tested. I dont know if you have access to that stuff or not but you really dont have much choice.

Its either the cpu or the injectors. Thats the only way fuel has the ability to make it thru the engine in raw form.

Being that it has so few miles and it sat so long I am betting its an injector problem

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you sure it's smoke or is it steam???
Is it fuel or is it water????
If it's THAT rich that fuel will pour out then it would not even fire.
Fire it up and let it run. I'[m betting that there is water in the pipe and all is well
Jim

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
If it's THAT rich that fuel will pour out then it would not even fire.
Fire it up and let it run. I'[m betting that there is water in the pipe and all is well
+1 you'll have a lot of moisture to cook out after letting it sit for two years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts