Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to what gas mileage everyone gets. I get about 45 and up on a 1990 FZR 600 and I was wondering if that is about the average.

·
Registered
8 Posts
damn.. u guys have any mods on your Fizzer??
I have 89 FZR600, with Stage 1 Jet, Full Zyclone Exhaust, UNI airfilter, and only get about 42-40 MPG... well, then again.. I usually open the puppy up all the way.. hahahhaa !! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got about 32MPG riding on the 4th, but usually only 29-30MPG

Can't believe some of you guys are getting nearly 50??? I have a full V&H SSR2, Stage 3, otherwise its about stock. I guess my bike IS running way rich, huh?

·
Registered
48 Posts
miklm said:

Can't believe some of you guys are getting nearly 50??? I have a full V&H SSR2, Stage 3, otherwise its about stock. I guess my bike IS running way rich, huh?

same here. i only get bout 130 miles out of 3.5-4 gal. thats bout 32-40mpg.

·
Registered
72 Posts
miklm said:

incase you didnt know the stage 3 (jet kit i assume) is b***** jets=more fuel going into bike=going faster=less mpg

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
FZR600 after 94 get worse gas mileage and tend to be faster then the first ones. They only made minor changes during production years, but I can tell you my 96 stands up on the rear wheel compared to friends 89 and 93FZR600s.

·
Registered
262 Posts
fzr1rider said:
FZR600 after 94 get worse gas mileage and tend to be faster then the first ones. They only made minor changes during production years, but I can tell you my 96 stands up on the rear wheel compared to friends 89 and 93FZR600s.
well, damn...something wrong with my 98 then.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I get about 45-47 MPG with mixed driving. I've been driving my bike to work (70 miles one-way) lately, and I noticed I was getting about 50-53 MPG (I probably could've gotten a little better MPG, as I was driving about 85-90 mph most of the way).

My FZR only has a V&H slip-on, stage 1 jetkit and a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
452 Posts
TheFizzer said:
well, damn...something wrong with my 98 then.
Doubt it. You'd have to have some mods to be able to get the front end up by just rolling on the throttle on the FZR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts