Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ninja 250, and I noticed that it leaks fuel when it's down. I mentioned this to a dealership and they said that it was normal, but I want a second opinion. It doesn't seem right for a beginner bike to be extra flammable when dropped. I purchased my bike in June...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you able to tell where its leaking from? It could be from the top if the gas lock isnt bolted down hard enough, or the rubber gasket is broken/gone, or it could just simply be from the vent/overfill tube.

·
Registered
190 Posts
All bikes have an overflow line running from the top of the gas tank to a hose that runs out near the bottom of the bike. There is usually a second line that is a vent line to allow air into the tank as gas drains to the engine. These usually have check valves in them to avoid leakage when the bike is dropped, but they sometimes get stuck over time. And it's not uncommon for a little gas to leak regardless.

The bike should be shutting down when it gets dropped. If it's not shutting down and is leaking gas... what year is your Ninja 250?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts