Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride with someone this past Saturday and used a Dunkin Donuts I fould on the Garmin GPS software as a meeting point. When I got out there the actual location of the D&D was about 2.5 miles East of where it was located on the map. So, I emailed Garmin about it asking if there was a way for users to Submit corrections and this is the response I got back from them;
=================================================

Thank you for contacting Garmin Cartography. Below is a link to our cartography error report form. Here you can enter in location information about incorrect Points of Interest.

http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/errorForm.html

In regard to missing POI's... please understand Garmin does not collect our own map data, rather we purchase it all from various third party vendors. In the case of our road mapping products, that vendor is a company called NavTeq. Their database of businesses is very large, but you will not see EVERY business listed in our maps, as this would cause the maps to be far too large in terms of memory, not to mention a little cluttered. We tried to fit in as many as we could to be very convenient, but there will always be some missing that some people would like to see, and likewise, there are some in there that people feel are unnecessary. One thing I can suggest is to mark a certain business or two that might be missing from our data with a waypoint. Now it will show up in the map everytime, and you can route to and from it.

Thank you for your interest in Garmin GPS. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.

Best Regards,
Matt
[email protected]

GARMIN International
1200 E. 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66062
=======================================

I already submited a form for that D&D. Just thought I'd send this to everyone in case you notice an error and want to let them know about it. That D&D was 2.5 miles off from where it was, that makes a big differance is you don't know where you are.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Somehow I see a link between your story and your signature!

Perhaps the man you met but wasn't there was really at the Dunkin Donuts 2.5 miles down the road!!! :eek:nfloor :cheers

·
Registered
803 Posts
dparadis said:
Somehow I see a link between your story and your signature!

Perhaps the man you met but wasn't there was really at the Dunkin Donuts 2.5 miles down the road!!! :eek:nfloor :cheers

Good call! :lao

Toothpick, you see this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts