Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a garage door spring , Home depot told me they cant sell me one, anyone know where I can get one, I have the tools to do the job, I understand why they wont sell them if you have ever seen a rod come out when winding the springs, it is pretty dangerous

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I tried to get one one time and no one would sell one to me. Kept telling me the risk was to high. I finnaly got a garage door company to do it. I put one in before but when you cant get one you have no choice but to pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Phil if the spring is broke, you do not need to replace it. I had i get broken and payed to have it fixed. the guy charged me 75 $ for a $0.50 piece when the other spring broke i fixed it myself. By watching and asking questions when it was fixed the first time i was able to safety repair the other spring and save $74.50. Give me a call and i will come and fix it for you.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys Ill check it out tomorrow

·
Sinner & Saint Racing
651 Posts
If it is a single spring then call The Overhead Door Company they are great only charged me $110 for the entire spring, labor to install it, tightened the hinges and added support to the center pull brace. He was in and out in about 1.5 hrs

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zx14gpa repaired my garage door spring for 50 cents, thanks robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts