Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yersterday my phone downloaded a new update. I guess I should install it, right?

It was the freaking Kitkat upgrade. So far I've had the lock screen of dead (black screen, no way to unlock it) and lag, like touch a button and wait for it to do something, that is, if the screen doesn't lock up first.

Today in the morning alarm comes up, usually I snooze it with the cover closed, using the S-View window. Well, not anymore, teh snooze and cancel buttons are outside the S-View window. Dafuk? How on earth could they possibly fuck up the clock app? They did...

Before kitkat I could also just press the home button with the cover closed and the display would turn on and show the notifications in the S-View window. Not anymore, only the lock/power button works...

I was pretty happy with my phone before Kitkat. So much that I wasn't aware of the freaking kitkat update.

But as I said before, if you don't need an update, don't update. I'm not getting anything more out of this update, just crippled apps.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
:hmm

I just checked my phone and it already has this version. I don't recall any update or being asked if I wanted it. No issues that I am aware of though....

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I have had 4.4.2 on my HTC One for a couple weeks. It's not bad, but I don't see any improvement over the previous iteration of Android.

Aesthetically I do not like some of the changes.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I've noticed is that the battery icon is white instead of yellow and small things like that...

And the only "problems" I've had are noticeable if you have a S-View cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts