Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 FZR600 with 800 miles. I am new to riding, and have noticed that the bikes rides a little rough over bumps, or on non smooth roads. Anyone here have any suggestions on aftermarket parts to make the bike ride smoother, and handle better?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
suspensions

At any rate, your suspension is archaic at best. The only internal dampening is a "washer" with holes in it for the oil to "bleed" through. When I raced that model in 90 and 91 we took it apart and put a home made washer in the dampening cone with larger holes. You have to reweld so have some one who knows suspenion help. Then you buy springs for your weight. I dont know what the hell is up with progressive springs as you cant tell whats going on with them. is it wrong, is it right? Who knows? the last step is tuning with oil weight. A trick for you guys with F2's is to use straight 30 weight. it will slow down the front so your not pogo-ing. It wont help the fzr as like I said the holes are to restrictive and wont let the suspension "track" the ground fast enough.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
Progressive makes a 420 series for it and it's worth it! It'll set you you back $350!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
like hybrid mentioned I would look at changing the springs and fork oil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts