Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all in fzr land I have a couple of questions I have a 93 fzr600 the speedo, tach and gas gauge along with the nuetral lights are out but the high beam oil lights work, the fuse all check out it seems weird that all those would be out I got the bike that way.......any thoughts? I am guessing the bulbs are out have'n't take off the wind screen to get to the back of gauges yet to check them out. Also I am needing new oil fork seals my mechanic wants 150 i get the parts is this a job I can do never done it before and I am ok with mechanical stuff..............let me here from ya thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm not one to talk to about the fork seals..but i do have some advice on the dash lights. ***And maybe someone can help me out regarding dash lights here too.

I have a 98, so i hope there isn't too much difference here. If your fuses are fine, sounds like all you need is a bulb. Only need to take off the windscreen. You don't need to remove the whole dash. It's a bit of a pain in the ass cus it's hard to get tools back there. Hopefully it is already loose enough for it to pivot forward (towards the tank) Your light bulb for the speedometer is the plug with rubber seal at the top of the gauge. (not 100% sure it is the same for tach.) I can't recall, but I think you can get to the neutral bulb too without removing the dash. If you have to remove it, just remember that you don't have to touch the front of the speed/tach gauges...ie, the glass. Bulbs in back (i just did it without thinking everything through).

My question for everyone is this...At night, I can't see bottom half of speedometer. Lights don't luminate the numbers under 50mph. Put a new one in...still can't see.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you're interested in doing the fork seals yourself, get a service manual... Haynes has a decent one as well as Clymers. Otherwise, you won't go wrong with a Yamaha manual.

In any case, it's not an easy task to do. You basically have to remove each fork tube (which requires removing the front wheel), drain the oil, replace the seals, then put it all back together.

$150 doesn't sound too bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts