Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 1988 variant, to be exact. I've been offered one for $800. Its in need of some work...a speedo cable and turn signal switch, plus the plastic is pretty dinged up, and missing a few pieces. On the plus side, its got a "600 kit" in there, which i'm told replaces the head of the engine with the 600cc counterparts...a Fox rear shock...and a D&D highmount.

The guy seems very straight up. It was bought from a girl that raced it...but took meticulous care of it. The bike wasn't dropped racing, and was tipped over 2x by the dude's gf...who gave up trying to ride. The whole thing got stripped down and oil changed after every race.

What should I know about this bike? Nasty habits? Quirks? Anything at all. I know virtually nothing about the FZR 4, aside from its a yamaha, discontinued, and 399cc of displacement. I've got pics coming to me shortly to get a visual look at it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
There are some FZR sites out there. The FZR is pretty cloce most of the info for that one si the same except the fram is Ai the tires are even smaller and the swingarm is shorter.

You can get a cartrage emulattor for the forks though it does not add all that much. If it has the stock shock replace it it is almost surely bad many other brands will fit if you dont want to go aftermarket. Good tires are hard to find that small. If you dont buy it let me know and I will;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
ChloroFiend said:
the 1988 variant, to be exact. I've been offered one for $800. Its in need of some work...a speedo cable and turn signal switch, plus the plastic is pretty dinged up, and missing a few pieces. On the plus side, its got a "600 kit" in there, which i'm told replaces the head of the engine with the 600cc counterparts...a Fox rear shock...and a D&D highmount.

The guy seems very straight up. It was bought from a girl that raced it...but took meticulous care of it. The bike wasn't dropped racing, and was tipped over 2x by the dude's gf...who gave up trying to ride. The whole thing got stripped down and oil changed after every race.

What should I know about this bike? Nasty habits? Quirks? Anything at all. I know virtually nothing about the FZR 4, aside from its a yamaha, discontinued, and 399cc of displacement. I've got pics coming to me shortly to get a visual look at it.
try your luck in the yahoo!group for FZR400, u get plenty of good help over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts