Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all.

I'd like to introduce my self.

I once owned a 1986 Phazer which, if I'm not mistaken is a predecessor of the FZ6.



Loved that bike! It was as unique in its day as the FZ6 is now. It drew lots of attention from those who knew what it was and what it was capable of and for those that didn't know any better!

I currently own a 1972 Honda CB 175 K6 that has been lovingly restored and is a fun little around town bike.



I'm interested in getting a FZ6 and as such am lurking around here to learn all I can before taking the plunge.

Any advantages to the 05 over the 04 and what is in store for 06?

I don't have to get it new but would like to try a new bike at least once in my life.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Both nices bikes!

04 and 05 are essentially identical, with slight paint differences. Performance wise, they're the same.

I haven't heard anything on what's planned for 06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just me or do others also like the European version of this bike better?

I like their versions lack of cowling around the headlight. Makes the bike look more aggressive.

I think that to do the switch would be very expensive as you would have to purchase the headlight and other bits as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Shomare said:
Is it just me or do others also like the European version of this bike better?

I like their versions lack of cowling around the headlight. Makes the bike look more aggressive.

I think that to do the switch would be very expensive as you would have to purchase the headlight and other bits as well?
Europeans get better cars too!
 

·
Respect My Authority!
Joined
·
574 Posts
Nice Bikes. It looks like you would need a new headlight, blinkers, mirrors and possibly speedometer. You would also need the new mounts for these items and you would have to relocate the horn plus the wiring would probably be different. Don't forget that you would have to get these items from Europe which would make it more costly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny thing is that little Honda get a lot of attention.

Seems it was many biker's very first bike.

Local Motorcycle bar I went to on it has many $$$ bikes yet my bike got more attention than everything there.

Had a guy offer me 3800 for it but told him it was not for sale.

Not bad for a bike that sold for about 1700 when new in 1972
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
About 16 years after I end up having a kid, he or she will inherit my FZ6. :)

I imagine by then, all motorcycles will be running on hydrogen cells and the FZ6 with the stock cans will be considered to be annoyingly and law-breakingly loud. LOL.

Gasoline forever!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
tjeepdrv said:
You can tell they are related because of the swingarm :)
Wow... Good eye...
Look at that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Somebody needs to design some cool bolt/snap on plastics to give these swingarms some style, mine really bugs me if I stare at it long enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
someone here said it best..
It looks like a 2x4
 

·
Speedbump
Joined
·
226 Posts
Maybe Yamaha had an overstock of 20 yr old swingarms and didn't know what to do with them, that is, until the FZ6 came out...
 

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
04Fizzer said:
Both nices bikes!

04 and 05 are essentially identical, with slight paint differences. Performance wise, they're the same.

I haven't heard anything on what's planned for 06.
Agreed!

However, the obvious is being left out.

No matter if it is 04 or 05, the BLUE IS FASTER!!! :) :neener
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
dparadis said:
Agreed!

However, the obvious is being left out.

No matter if it is 04 or 05, the BLUE IS FASTER!!! :) :neener
I'ts obvious, that's why it was left out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Somebody needs to design some cool bolt/snap on plastics to give these swingarms some style, mine really bugs me if I stare at it long enough.
So stop staring at it.
There are other parts of the bike that are MUCH more appealing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
That CB 175 K6 is awesome and wow what condition (good job) i never had one but did own a 400/4 supersports that was just amazing and ooooooooooohhhhhhh so much fun. It was written off three times by insurance company's that never did bother to come and collect it, so it was kept registered and used etc and i earned about 3 times more than it was worth in payouts. Problem was tintops kept reversing into it at carparks cause it was so physically small. But what a bike and never hit while riding it thank god.

For those who maybe interested i traded my blown engine and rare 240Z for a 400/4 and cash. (rare as in being 1 of only 77 240Z's made for the rally scene and which had a hand throttle located between the seats. i lost my job at age 20 or so and could not afford to repair it) *the things you regret now*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flipperMAN said:
That CB 175 K6 is awesome and wow what condition (good job) i never had one but did own a 400/4 supersports that was just amazing and ooooooooooohhhhhhh so much fun.

Thanks, and here are some more photos of that Vintage Honda:











 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top