Sport Bikes banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ohlins is ok, but a little over rated. Wilbers or Penske are good w/o the Ohlins price tag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are both the same diameter. You should be able to put the FZ1 forks on the FZ6. They will fit in the triple trees fine. I'm not sure if that would cause problems with the wheel or caliper locations, so be careful unless you are using a FZ1 front wheel too. I also don't know if they are the same length, so that could impact the handling, turn in, etc.
I think you are mistaken.

The FZ6 forks are regular 43mm forks, but the FZ1 are Upside Down 43mm forks, the tubes are way too big for the FZ6 tripples.

Maybe are you referring to the FZ1000? the older FZ1... that one has regular forks... those would work without any changes, as they are NOT USD. (UpSideDown)

I already have made this mod, i had to change lower and upper tripple using the FZ1s, then i put some R1 2002 shocks on it.

This is my bike.

The mod is not so easy but worth it at least by the looks.

By the way... i hate that forks color, i anodized them but the color is not the gold that i wanted, i wanted the gold that comes with the R1 and R6... somebody know what is the dye for it?

·
Registered
245 Posts

The FZ6 forks are regular 43mm forks, but the FZ1 are Upside Down 43mm forks, the tubes are way too big for the FZ6 tripples.

Maybe are you referring to the FZ1000? the older FZ1... that one has regular forks... those would work without any changes, as they are NOT USD. (UpSideDown)

I already have made this mod, i had to change lower and upper tripple using the FZ1s, then i put some R1 2002 shocks on it.

View attachment 248655

This is my bike.

By the way... i hate that forks color, i anodized them but the color is not the gold that i wanted, i wanted the gold that comes with the R1 and R6... somebody know what is the dye for it?
In the US the older gen is also called the FZ1 I had a 2003 model and that Gen of FZ1 uses standard forks in 43mm, not the upside down forks of the later Gen bikes. LINK

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 248655

This is my bike.

In the US the older gen is also called the FZ1 I had a 2003 model and that Gen of FZ1 uses standard forks in 43mm, not the upside down forks of the later Gen bikes. LINK
Oh now i see.

Here in colombia, the one called Gen 2 by you... is Just FZ1 Naked and FZ1 Fazer.... and the older Gen 1, is called Fazer 1000 not FZ1.

Now i understand.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts