Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Chicago area and ride with cruisers. Would like to ride with group that rides touring bikes. Does anyone know of such a group or rally in the area?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello, I have met several people in the HSTA that are from your neck of the woods. We are a national sport touring club. If you join you will get a book with all the members contact info and you will probably be contacted by the state director for your area. All makes are welcome, I ride a yamaha gts1000 and recently bought my wife an FZ6. I have done the twistar ride every year in WI since 2001. We have official rides that are listed in the website and individual members do unoficial rides regularly.
Terry
http://www.ridehsta.com/

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh ya, I am in the omaha nebraska area and there are a number of us from the nebraska/iowa area are pretty active with rides. The IA HSTA state director is doing a ride next weekend that I won't be able to make this year.
Terry
Des Moines to Hermann, MO ride next weekend

Got this from Jim Roberts of the Iowa HSTA. Quite a few of us have made this ride before. I can't go this time though. RSVP to Jim if you want to go.
Mike Stenger

Subject: Ride To Hermann NEXT WEEKEND (Reply Requested)

> Hello everyone.
>
> Until this evening I wasn't even sure I would be able to go on a
ride,
> hence the absence of information from me regarding it.
>
>
> If anyone is interested in going, I will show up and we will go.
>
> Next Weekend: July 16-17
> From: Bruegger's Bagel Bakery, Merle Hay Rd, Des Moines (next to
Merle
Hay
> Mall)
> To: Hermann, MO
> Via: as many curvy roads as we can find
> leave: 0730-0745 in the morning on Sat. the 16th (as close there-
abouts as
> we can manage)
>
> I need to know who, if anyone, is going to go. I am sorry for the
short
> notice. If no one can make it I will make other ride plans. If
people want
> to go but meet some where along the way, contact me.
>
> If anyone is interested in meeting the night before at Daytona's
restaurant,
> left me know. (otherwise I won't be there) The last couple of
years few if
> anyone showed up the night before.
>
> Contact me ASAP at this e-mail address or by phone at 319-351-7169
or
> 319-330-7939.
>
> Jim Roberts
> HSTA AMA NESBA
> Suzuki TL1000S, Yamaha SR250, Yamaha R6, Aprilia RST1000
> Coralville, IA
> [email protected]

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
nurgle said:
Hello, I have met several people in the HSTA that are from your neck of the woods. We are a national sport touring club. If you join you will get a book with all the members contact info and you will probably be contacted by the state director for your area. All makes are welcome, I ride a yamaha gts1000 and recently bought my wife an FZ6. I have done the twistar ride every year in WI since 2001. We have official rides that are listed in the website and individual members do unoficial rides regularly.
Terry
http://www.ridehsta.com/
No New England Chapter??? :rolleyes Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont and no Connecticut???? I think you should start one, nurgle.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. I checked the site, it seems like the ralleys shown are a long way from Chicago. I still will register and hope to get contacts not so far away.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The WI and OH ones shouldn't be that bad to get too, I regularly do the AK-MO and WI rallies every year. Leave friday morning with 500 or so miles to get there, do around 300-400 miles for the rally on saturday, then the 500 or so to get back home on sunday. Looking in the blue book, there are 6 members that list chicago for their address and 72 members in IL total, probably quite a few that are fairly close. Indiana and Minnisota have quite a few members also.
Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts