Sport Bikes banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
The Maltese Falcon
85 Posts
Did a buck-fifty indicated in the mojave desert twice, still had more but I wimped out. I have a +1 sprocket up front so it shoulda been very close. Of course I had my GPS w/me..and forgot to turn the damn thing on!

Mods: Scorpion exhaust, K&N Filter, FZ1 Bars

·
Registered
34 Posts
Earlier this summer I did a 156 indicated (when I looked) and 152 (top speed) according to Garmin.

I'm 5'8", weight ~220 lbs, catless midpipe and gutted exhaust, on Pirelli Diablo Stradas. My friend's stock CBR600 F4 hit about 155 indicated before we both slowed back down to about 80 or so.

Maintained 145+ mph for well over 30 secs (felt like 9 years) during clear sunny skies and an open 4-lane with no traffic in sight (at first).

Felt very stable and still had a small amount in the RPM range to burn.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I (weigh 220 lbs) did 189 MPH and still had more before I shut down (but not before I passed up a very pissed Busa). I had a 250 lb. passenger so that probably slowed things down. And, oh, I almost forgot---I had only one hand on the bars because I was adjusting a mirror. I was going uphill about a 6% grade and had a low (under 20 psi) back tire. It sounded like two of the plugs were misfiring real bad. There was also a tremendous headwind. Better conditions and would've easily exceeded 200 MPH.

·
Daily Rider
74 Posts
Yeah, I (weigh 220 lbs) did 189 MPH and still had more before I shut down (but not before I passed up a very pissed Busa). I had a 250 lb. passenger so that probably slowed things down. And, oh, I almost forgot---I had only one hand on the bars because I was adjusting a mirror. I was going uphill about a 6% grade and had a low (under 20 psi) back tire. It sounded like two of the plugs were misfiring real bad. There was also a tremendous headwind. Better conditions and would've easily exceeded 200 MPH.
:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hit 135 riding from NorthWest Arkansas to Dallas, at night - and it was unbelievable. Felt like a bullet, helmet tucked behind the windshield.

A few days after, nearly killed myself at 115, when the road took a sharper turn, when I almost slammed into a passing car. The only reason I'm still hear is because the guy in the car saw my and swerved out to avoid a collision.

The "high" I got from speeding, and pushing the envelope dissappeared real fast, as I realized how close I came to losing it, and I didn't get back on the bike for a few days. I couldn't go near it. I'm back on the bike now, only after realizing that it wasn't the bike at fault, it was my stupidity. I'm not driving "slow", but I'm riding more carefully, and my need for speed will be saved for the track, or on real remote road, with perfect weather, and a more controlled environment.

Not trying to be preachy, but I hope you don't have to make a mistake to cure any need for speed you may have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've had mine up to 139 indicated with room to go faster on the i-10 between az and ca. that was bone stock and now that i have the pcIII, k+n, airbox mod, double bubble windshield, and i lost 20 lbs i'm curious as to what it would top out at but scared to go that fast lol. (there was a reason i let off at 139. the g-force pulled the SH!T right outta my a$$) lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
The stock speedo is off by +7%/+10% on the high side depending on speed. That has been my observation after I installed a Speedo Healer and verified via a Garmin 60CSX.

That being said I've done a honest 128 mph once on Hwy 58 and another time near Lake Isabella and also out by Borrego Springs. Hit 127 mph on the 5 near Burbank last Sunday and she had more left but I smoked the Mustang that was messing with me and shut it down. This is on a stock bike as far as motor & exhaust goes. She had more left. I think around 140mph measured with a GPS and Speedo Healer would be possible. After that I suspect more is possible with some simple mods.

Not bad for a upright riding little 600cc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once the FZ6 engine has a proper break-in, what kind of top speed can I expect?
i owned a 2008 fz6 (fazer6) , no lie i hit 276km on an empty highway. the internet doesnt have accurate specs on the bike. i know it kept up with cbr600rr, r6, gsxr. I once read an article that i cant find anymore, saying it had 105hp but under rated to 98hp. only way to find out top speed is to fully send it.
also newer fz6r lost alot or hp and top speed

81 - 100 of 100 Posts