Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve done some checking around, maybe not to hard, but I’m really interested in putting full front fairings on my 2006 fz6. And also a solo seat mod like the one pictured here. Does anyone have any current and up to date links on any of these items or where I might acquire them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yamaha offered a fully faired model, FZ6R starting in 2009. Might look around and see if upgrading bikes is cheaper than adding the fairings to your '06.

nicecycle offers lower belly pan and full fairing kits for the '04-06 FZ6 bikes. Just under $600 for both the belly pan and lower side fairings. Free shipping in the US though.

Wild Hair also sells them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used yo own this bike when it was new and I did a coast to coast with it; great little bike! Now... This bike sells today in perfect working order for about 3k. I'm not so sure if adding money for looks is worth doing it... I would rather look into a different bike if I wanted fairings, maybe a sport oriented bike... This bike will rather do a very cool super-naked just by installing a center headlight and removing the aged headlight-cover it comes with... Super-naked are the cool thing today and you will be amazed how great it is not having air-flow hitting your visor; a lot more quiet... Also, the photo shows a disgusting (stock) tail... That needs to go even before you ride it next time :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts