Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this has been an unanswered question so i figured i would bring it up again. I know, along with myself, and a lot of other guys on this forum are curious if there is anyone who has modified a split seat on their fz6. I honestly prefer the look of the split seat over the single seat that is currently on the fz6. so i figured id dig this question up again to see if anyone has done it or knows perhaps if the r1/r6 tail will "fit." Thanks guys.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
thought about doing this mod too. but where would you put the fuse box? are the wires long enough to move it somewhere else? the r1 r6 or other tails are one piece as ours you take off the side panel to access the fuses.

·
R6S Crash Cushion
1,392 Posts
R6 tail won't fit. It has a similar notch thing up front but then has a couple of plastic screws that hold down the back side as you pull the plush of the backside up. But this is something I'm gonna have to address once I get my R6 front and R1 tail installed. Keep an eye out next month.

·
Registered
167 Posts
kinda glad i did this with a spare tail section...

Grab handles cut off, painted black. I think it makes it look like a 10 year older bike. not too pleased with that. But i need to have it on the bike for the second stage...

I plan on buying another stock seat and ripping off the top half of the padding. I'm still deciding on how I'm gonna single seat mod this thing. I'm either going to fab a cover to the rear tail section, kinda like a permanent seat cowling, and overlay with carbon fiber to make it one piece. OR fab up the seat by removing the passenger padding area and building a "seat cowl" on the plastic base of the seat.

·
R6S Crash Cushion
1,392 Posts
MrPostman said:
kinda glad i did this with a spare tail section...

Grab handles cut off, painted black. I think it makes it look like a 10 year older bike. not too pleased with that. But i need to have it on the bike for the second stage...

I plan on buying another stock seat and ripping off the top half of the padding. I'm still deciding on how I'm gonna single seat mod this thing. I'm either going to fab a cover to the rear tail section, kinda like a permanent seat cowling, and overlay with carbon fiber to make it one piece. OR fab up the seat by removing the passenger padding area and building a "seat cowl" on the plastic base of the seat.

I may have a slight rashed tail available in a month or so. We'll see how my R1 rear tail integration goes.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
I was wondering how the tail would look w/o the grab bars.

·
Registered
167 Posts
eastBAYer said:
are you running an integrated tailight?

Yup, I've had it in for a couple of years now. Still works great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts