Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, today at work i met a guy who rides an R6, he told me that he just heard from his yamaha dealer that there was a recall on the ignition coil packs for our bikes (atleast 2004 models) and i want to say for his bike as well. has anyone heard of this? this was the first i have heard of it, i asked if he was sure it was ignition coil and not TPS he said it was ignition coils. just wanted to see if anyone else has heard about this or if he is on crack! :banana

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I'll wait for the notification if there's actually a recall. I haven't heard of the ignition coil being a problem.

·
FastAss
321 Posts
Sheww, I hope they recall something. My bike is going back to the steallership this week for the dam stalling. The check engine light is coming on as I decelerate and when I engage the clutch the engine stalls. It hindered me on my trip to the Dragon's Tail and now it's cutting into my time on the beach. The problem has existed since the bike had a few hundred miles on it and the warranty is now up. I guess there will be some conflict over who flips the bill and there will probably be the usual scratches from the service techs being careless. It would give me some piece of mind that the issue is resolved if the recall goes through. There's noting more frustrating than having a FI bike that runs like this. Dam I miss the old Harley sometimes....alot of times. :cry

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Mine is going in on Saturday for the stalling/tps?? issue...
Hope we get more info. about this by then...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hippie said:
Mine is going in on Saturday for the stalling/tps?? issue...
Hope we get more info. about this by then...
Oh, I should mention...ever since they finally changed out the TPS on mine, FLAWLESS operation. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all,

The FZ6 has different coils to the R6, The FZ6 two coil "packs" and matches the grouped cylinders, Ie there are two conventional coils for thw four cylinders, The R6 has four "coil on plug" type coils (ie the coil is in the rocker cover,direct on the top of the plug) and only the primary lead goes to the coil, much lighter and no need for a High tension lead to get damaged or broken.

This recall should not apply to the FZ6,

R6 coil part number is 5SL-82310-20-00
fZ6 coil part number is 5VX-82310-00-00

Regards,

Byron.

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NakedLite#81f said:
Hi all,

The FZ6 has different coils to the R6, The FZ6 two coil "packs" and matches the grouped cylinders, Ie there are two conventional coils for thw four cylinders, The R6 has four "coil on plug" type coils (ie the coil is in the rocker cover,direct on the top of the plug) and only the primary lead goes to the coil, much lighter and no need for a High tension lead to get damaged or broken.

This recall should not apply to the FZ6,

R6 coil part number is 5SL-82310-20-00
fZ6 coil part number is 5VX-82310-00-00

Regards,

Byron.

GREAT JOB on that investigating, i was hoping he was on crack about the little fizzer. thank you! :banana

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I just hope I don't have to jump through hoops to get them to just change the damn TPS. I am going there armed with printouts from this forum and the NHTSA....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts