Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a company that makes them, or if the stock R6 rearsets will work on the FZ? The cheesy soft wobbly rearsets that come on the FZ, are driving me nuts, one of them has already broken on me. Any luck would be appreciated... :cheers

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
message phxtravis i believe he bought some and put some pics on here of them. i dont think the r6 sets will work as the shifter rod angle is different but may work like the set phxtravis got if you position the rod on the outside of the frame.

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
I purchased Valter Moto type 1 sets from Carpimoto.com(Italian distributor). They are very nice peices, very good quality. Only problem is that they are more race orientated than street, ie there is nor provison to mount the rear brake pedal brake switch. heres the link to the original thread and I am long over due for taking some pics so I will take some more here in a bit. http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276082

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
MidNite_FZ said:
Anyone know if there is a company that makes them, or if the stock R6 rearsets will work on the FZ? The cheesy soft wobbly rearsets that come on the FZ, are driving me nuts, one of them has already broken on me. Any luck would be appreciated... :cheers
How did you break it??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Valter Moto rear sets

Travis,
I just ordered some of the type 1 rear sets. The picture on the Carpimoto site looks like the pegs are just a straight, smooth bar. Yours look serrated. Are you using their pegs or have you got something different?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
How did you break it??
I second that.
How the hell do you break them off?
Only thing I can think of is dropping the bike.

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
I purchased a set of "folding" pegs. I think they look better, plus the act as stock, only downside is that they dont match the shifter/brake pedal as nice as the ones they came with.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I love my rear sets. I have the same ones as mentioned above and they look so good on the bike and exactly what I was hoping for to compliment my riding posture. One of the best mods I've done, but I don't know what order to put them in. Are they better than the R6 fork and brakes?....no. Exhaust?....no. Handlebars?.....no. Ohlin's shock?.....no

Everything else?....I'd say so.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
FAZR6 said:
... Are they better than the R6 fork and brakes?....no. Exhaust?....no. Handlebars?.....no. Ohlin's shock?.....no

Everything else?....I'd say so.
Better than the Speedo healer???

:eek:nfloor Oh man, he's gonna lap me for that.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
phxtravis said:
FAZR6, do you have anynew pics of your bike? I would love to see them if you do!
No, I havent taken any in a while. I need to but havent' gotten to it. I'll do it soon. Right now it's stripped and ready for the track so when I get it back together next week I will.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts