Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I just set up a group purchase for the ValterMoto rearsets for the FZ1 owner's group, and thought I might as well make the same offer to the FZ6 crowd as well!

The offer is running until August 28th.

The details can be seen here: http://www.speedzilla.com/valtermoto/fz6.html

Each set purchased will also receive a hydraulic brake light switch.

There is very little markup involved here, and most of that will be eaten up by shipping from Italy. However, if there are at least 10 sets purchased between SBN and the FZ1OA, I'll be able to save a little on shipping and I'll credit each purchaser $10.

We are an SBN contributing vendor.

If you have any questions, please post here.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
1) Does the clutch rod go through the Fz6 frame like the stock does?
2) Any adjustable rearset available that mounts routing the rod through the Fz6 frame?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
segue00 said:
1) Does the clutch rod go through the Fz6 frame like the stock does?
2) Any adjustable rearset available that mounts routing the rod through the Fz6 frame?
1) No. It appears that the rod goes on the outside of the frame. At least on the Type 1 version.

2) ValterMoto does not offer any adjustable rearsets for the FZ6.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The only adjustable Valter Moto rearset are the .5 series which are not available for the FZ6.

The only adjustable rearset and the shiftrod going through the frame are going to be the Rizzoma and Gilles Tooling. You can find the Gilles Tooling rearset on www.whaccessories.com for $490. The Rizzoma will run about $516. There was a guy in the classified selling a set of Rizzoma for $490, not sure if he still has it or not.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
That's a lot cheaper than I paid and a good sounding deal. Pics of the left side of my bike can be seen in the mods folder in the "pics of my drag bar" thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FAZR6 said:
That's a lot cheaper than I paid and a good sounding deal. Pics of the left side of my bike can be seen in the mods folder in the "pics of my drag bar" thread.

Yep, as I said there is very little markup here. This is a great deal. I have had the Type 3's on my FZ1 for a couple years. I have no complaints at all.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
How much do these alter feet position by? I'm interested but don't see anything on there about shipping worldwide? Is that an option?

Might be worth shooting them an email I guess.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DanFZ6 said:
How much do these alter feet position by? I'm interested but don't see anything on there about shipping worldwide? Is that an option?

Might be worth shooting them an email I guess.
Hi Dan,

Approx. 1.1" back and .95" up.

we can ship worldwide, first item is $13.99, $1.00 each addditional item.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
104 Posts
Speedzilla said:
I'm certain that does not include the brake light switch: $30

My shipping is only $4.99 within the US.

However, that is a great price that KneeDragger is offering.
I see. Am I correct in that you're offering the Type 1,2 & 3. Not the 1.5, 2.5, & 3.5?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Speedzilla said:
ValterMoto does not produce the .5 versions for the FZ6.
duh... I guess I could have read above better. :bitchslap

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Speedzilla said:
ValterMoto does not produce the .5 versions for the FZ6.
What's the difference. Looking above, there's something about a brake light switch. Will the brake light still work if I get these? I'm looking at the type 2 maybe type 3 if i can stretch the pennies?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DanFZ6 said:
What's the difference. Looking above, there's something about a brake light switch. Will the brake light still work if I get these? I'm looking at the type 2 maybe type 3 if i can stretch the pennies?
The 1.5, 2.5, & 3.5 are ValterMotos adjustable rearsets, they are not available for the FZ6. The 1, 2, & 3 are available for the FZ6 and that is what is being offered here.

The rearsets do not use the OEM brake light switch. So, without the hydraulic brake light switch, your rear brake will not tr***** the brake light. This offer INCLUDES the hydraulic brake light switch, so you'll be good to go...and stop. :)

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Speedzilla said:
The 1.5, 2.5, & 3.5 are ValterMotos adjustable rearsets, they are not available for the FZ6. The 1, 2, & 3 are available for the FZ6 and that is what is being offered here.

The rearsets do not use the OEM brake light switch. So, without the hydraulic brake light switch, your rear brake will not tr***** the brake light. This offer INCLUDES the hydraulic brake light switch, so you'll be good to go...and stop. :)
Oh ok, how does that work / attach. Sorry about all the questions but i'm really interested in this and think I'll be making an order after I get paid on the 19th.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DanFZ6 said:
Oh ok, how does that work / attach. Sorry about all the questions but i'm really interested in this and think I'll be making an order after I get paid on the 19th.

It's pretty simple. It replaces the banjo bolt on the rear master cylinder. It has two wires that you'll need to splice into the OEM brake light wiring.

I will try and get a photo of mine so you can see what I'm talking about.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Speedzilla said:
It's pretty simple. It replaces the banjo bolt on the rear master cylinder. It has two wires that you'll need to splice into the OEM brake light wiring.

I will try and get a photo of mine so you can see what I'm talking about.
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
DanFZ6 said:
Valter Moto rearsets are designed for racing so they did not include the brake light switch. Speedzilla's deal is offering the switch for free which would normally cost at least $30.

IMO, if you are going to go with the Type 3, I would save a little more and go after either the Rizoma or the Gilles Tooling. Their's use the existing shiftrod, whereas VM would install on the outside of the frame. FAZR6 has some picts of what the VM look like installed.
Hippie posted this: http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282225&highlight=rizoma

1 - 20 of 41 Posts