1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Very cool! :2devil

·
Engineering Pathologist
598 Posts
I wonder how it will spur on the aftermarket.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
god i want to go to australia now...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hopefully some more aftermarket parts out here, and a few more sales of the bike for Yamaha.

Must remember this, and go watch when it comes to Queensland (yawn!) Raceway :)

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
okay someone best post this race for us americans. why cant they do this kinda stuff over here!

·
Registered
553 Posts
NakedLite#81f said:
FZ6 Racing Cup is confirmed!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/200/december/YMF_sponsors.htm

Good on Yamaha, shoudl be great racing! Races are going to be televised.
Hey Byron, I'm bit confused about this. Does this mean the NakedBike-Lite class has been renamed the FZ6 Racing series, or are they adding a new series with just FZ6's, or what? If they are doing both the NakedBike-Lite AND an FZ6 series, are you going to participate in both or just one of them or what?

And once again, I have to congratulate you on your outstanding job on the last one! :dblthumb

:banana Byron
#81 Australian NakedBike-Lite Championship
:banana

:dblthumb

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excellent, bet you any money it won't be shown here in the UK either though. Shame, as I'd like to watch that.

·
Registered
686 Posts
YouTube is too shitty quality wise

How about bittorrent or something.

·
Registered
267 Posts
nice

really want to learn to race ;P

ahh fek not coming to WA :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
2000ktm said:
i hear you can ride just about anything on the street in the land down under
Sure. As long as you're only wearing your stubbies and thongs.

I take it from your question that you're not alowed to ride some motorcycles on the street?

Good news about the FZ6 Cup. Televised as well, top stuff.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
silverbullet said:
Sure. As long as you're only wearing your stubbies and thongs.

I take it from your question that you're not alowed to ride some motorcycles on the street?
In my state, you can ride anything on the street that you can get a title for.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Max Wedge said:
I wonder how it will spur on the aftermarket.
really aren't serious about that question - are you?

This is cool - but not anything that will attract any real money. It's a glorified-for-FZ6-owners race series.

I think it's great and cool (for those who can participate), but keep this in perspective and for what it is.

Sorry... this is not intended to rain on anyones parade. Just a voice of reality here.

Jim

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
jhelmuth said:

This is cool - but not anything that will attract any real money. It's a glorified-for-FZ6-owners race series.

I think it's great and cool (for those who can participate), but keep this in perspective and for what it is.

Sorry... this is not intended to rain on anyones parade. Just a voice of reality here.

Jim

Much like BMW's Boxer Cup series does not really do anything for BMW motorcycle sales...

·
Registered
610 Posts
jhelmuth said:

Jim
Not sure of the regulations but if its run in conjunction with the current nakedlite series, then mods will be limited any way. exhaust, suspension.

Not a whole lot of money in Australian motorcycle road racing as well, particularly a support catogory. Kinda makes you wonder why we are so good at it? Used to riding underfunded machines perhaps.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts