Sport Bikes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Squidly Tendencies ...
247 Posts
i took the bike out over the weekend (keep in mind its winter here and it did snow 15cm of snow last night) it was a rare treat that it was above freezing, no snow on the ground, nothing forecasted for saturday...

i took the bike out to the local airfield and was able to get underneath the runway that they were using for take offs and landings... i didn't feel it was safe after the first landing so I went pulled off just in front of the runway by about 10-20 feet, it felt alot better there... it was def. alot of fun... this was my favorite pic from this weekend, the plane was probably only 30 feet off the ground at this point, the edge of the road is beginning of the runway...

·
Registered
557 Posts
wow, that is bad-ass!

·
Registered
549 Posts
That is pretty sweet! don't know how it would fit on a calendar though :p

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here's a shot I took at the scenic overlook off I5 just north of Camp Pendleton. I was returning from the bike show in Long Beach and needed a leg stretch. The haze yesterday makes it hard to see the ocean but it's out there I swear (just ask the gulls)

·
Mr Crash :(
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice shots guys!!! comon we need more through 12-14-08 so can can wrap this up and prepare the calendar by early Jan...
Get out this wkd and shot pics! this is your last chance to win an SBN t-shirt and be feature in next year's FZ6 calendar!

·
Information Sponge
1,447 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but no snow yet. Instead I dug this out from a few months ago (before my naked conversion). I figure that instead of depressing the lot of the Fz6 calendar crew with a cold, wet picture; I'd submit a picture that would bring back memories of summer rides and good weather! (Side note; it's Dec. 12th, and I'm still riding the Fizzer everyday :banana )

Taken on Skyline Drive in Virginia:

EDIT: I don't know why it's so small there; click on it and it gets b*****. (fixed)

EDIT 2: Linked through Flickr

·
Miles from there
332 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know where we order the 2009 calendar?

·
liquid cooled fool
743 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know where we order the 2009 calendar?
Calendar is only half done because I only received 6 pics so far (marke14, tom5796, medic523, LERecords, Defyinertia, larkydozer) Haven't heard from wavex yet ... do we even have a december winner ? If not I can throw in some leftover pics and call it done ?

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
Wavex has been out of the country. Pics were decided all the way through November, and probably december as well. He can chime in when he gets back but chances are he's received more of the pics and has yet to forward them on because he's been busy.

I'll send him an e-mail but we're good for the moment.

·
Mr Crash :(
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright guys sorry for the delay... the end of last year and the beginning of this one have been (and still are) very hectic around here!

Anyway, let me do a 3 day poll for December so we can pick a winner...

Chainzilla, if we don't hear from the other guys to get their high def pic we shall just use the one they submitted (see flickr)...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts