Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the SV1000 Portal (http://www.sv1000.zyns.com) the other day looking through the images. There was a guy (username Smenthly) using PhotoShop to alter the colour scheme of the SV1000S, he was taking requests. I asked him to alter an image of a Black Naked FZ6 by colouring the black bits blue, putting a black frame on it and darkening the colour of the engine a bit. This is a before and after shot of what he did. Pretty good stuff, I am considering getting a quote from a friend of mine to paint it up like this. Would involve a lot of work to paint the frame and engine, but the blue bits look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
nice. The blue looks especially good against the dark pieces. maybe do the rims the same way?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I like the blue against the black frame. "I like it alot..."

·
Registered
317 Posts
That is sweet. I notice you guys that get the naked version also get black wheels like the R6. I like that. I would do black wheels on my Blue FZ. The black frame is sweet too, like the new R1.

-J

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am pretty keen to paint the frame black, depending on the quote I get from my mate and the amount of work involved in removing most of the components out of the frame. Also the only backup bike I have to ride whilst working on the FZ is an old CB250!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's what I call a nice piece of ride

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am liking the naked more and more. I would opt for a conversion kit if they made it.
The fairing is nice at times though. Tough choice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can't say that I like it, looks too dark, almost dirty. Especially the darkened engine casings.
Horses for courses as the saying goes.
Skippy

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
I love the naked headlight. I think the only one cooler in my opinion is the one on the new benelli TNT. looks like a giant bee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the black frame but I like the faired version better. The naked version doesn't do anything for me. It would be cool to see the black frame on the faired model :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
xantri said:
I love that Brutale-like headlight. If they had the bits here to convert mine into a nakkid, I would be all over that.
Why didn't you buy one then?
Or is the naked version not deliverable in the states?

·
POP
490 Posts
Karoshi said:
Why didn't you buy one then?
Or is the naked version not deliverable in the states?
That would be a negative. We don't get that option but it would be nice. :D

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say that if Australia is to only recieve one of the models, I am glad its the naked version. Naked bikes have always been my preference, the gsxr I had just seemed too much like a toy.

I would like a small windscreen or somesuch that could be easily attached and removed for when I go for those long rides though. There was a nice one listed in the appearance mods thread, but it look difficult to install and remove in a hurry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts