Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find some pics or something of flushmount signal lights for the front of the FZ6. Not too much luck in my searches so far. I looked thru the users pic area here but didn't see anything there. If anybody has pics or knows where on the net to look please let me know. You can email me the pics at [email protected] if ya have them.

Also, been thinking of getting clear lens markers but, again, want to see it before I do it. So if ya have pics of that send um my way.

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Check out Targa. I was on their web site the other day and they had a huge selection of flushmounts and other markers for the FZ6.

http://www.targa-acc.com/main_powersearch.html

Check them out! Easiest way to find what you are looking for is by model....i.e. Yamaha ----> FZ6 -----> 2004 -----> Search

·
Registered
360 Posts
Try going "markerless" it's what's up top that matters anyway!

I couldn't find anything I liked in the flush mounts either?

So one rainy Sunday afternoon...........a dremel tool.

hell, I didn't even get yellow bulbs like I thought I'd have to. I've got 9500 miles on her and not one question about them (from da man anyway)

I think it's different, and somewhat "euro"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Thats awesome. Nice mod! :dblthumb

·
Registered
193 Posts
Carbon Leds?!?!

Okay, got a couple of questions with this one. I would LOVE, to do the pod light mod, it looks clean as can be, but does anyone know where I would find out what states that is legal in? If it is not legal here I really want to find a set of carbon looking led markers. I have seen them in pictures but never for sale anywhere... or at least not in stock (and to be completely honest I don't remember where I saw them for sale and on back order at this point). They looked like the carbon cats eye short stalks on targas page, but they where led. And, do these little guys just go right in the stock spot? I think I saw a mounting kit that looked like a rubber gasket of some sort that you can use to attach these bad johneys... Thanks guys, and I'm sorry for being so ignorant with some things, I just don't have a good shop around here to ask these type of things too. You guys with cycle centers near you are lucky.

Thanks yall,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ripthenightopen,

Carbon LED markers from ShockRacing Just put the black one on my bike, pretty damn bright for blinkers. I couldn't find anyplace on-line selling them so you may have to email shockracing and ask where you can get them in ur area. And they'll fit into the stock hole pretty easily ..... they just won't stay there :lol The stock hole is way to big for them.

However, TARGA TURNSIGNAL ADAPTER PLATES - YAMAHA (left side search; Manufacturer = Targa, Bike Type = Sportbike, Category = Turnsignal adapter plates or part number 70-250BK for yamaha) will take care of that for ya. Had to use them on my bike .... clean look easy fit. If you wanted to do all 4 signals with this kit you will need two of them. Or you can get 1 kit and cheat like I did. I picked up four 3/8" x 1 1/2" washers from home depot, sprayed them black, and used those behind the fairing. You can't even see them so nobody will ever know anyway. You can get an idea of what I'm talking about in the pic.

As for finding out the legality of using the pod lights blinkers ... not really sure where you can ckeck. Most logical place would be the DMV but who wants to spent that kind of time there. They probably wouldn't know what you were talking about anyway ..... and forget about getting somebody to come outside and look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Doesn anyone know off hand if the lights are 3-wire or 2-wire? I am assuming because they are blinkers that they are 3-wire but I really have no clue as to the difference in the two of them and I haven't gone to check.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 2 wire are just turn signals (ie rears), and the 3 wire is the running light/turn signal combo (ie fronts).

Just be sure to follow the directions on wiring them correctly or you'll burn the bulbs out.

HTH.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Zippy, you should post a pic of your bike with these bad boys on there. Plus, I had read something about if you put led signals on they blink faster since they draw less power... something like that... do yours do that??? I think I need to hunt down a dealer that carries this stuff, I really want a wicked bright set of blinkers... and when the hell are they going to make the integrated tails, it's getting insane...

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Great Zippy, great job on the mod. Cant wait to see what you come up with next! Also, I've seen aftermarket license plate lights that would fit on your kit. If I find them again, I'll send you one. If you run across one let me know where you find it and I'll hook you up for all your troubles!

Mike

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ripthenightopen said:
Plus, I had read something about if you put led signals on they blink faster since they draw less power... something like that... do yours do that???

I guess since they don't draw as much power they respond quicker to the "pulse" on/off of power they get. It's actually so quick the multimeter I used to pin out which wire was the running and which was the signal didn't even have time to display a numeric reading. All's it could do was display the bar at the bottom of the display screen go up and down.
So yeah, now my signals blink at a much higher rate then with a bulb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts