Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just got my december issue of Australian Motorcycle News..
Theyve done a naked middlewieght comparo...
z750, cb600, sv650, fz6n, shiver, lil monster, street triple

Fz6 kicked ass because it had some of the best steering of the bunch and the most exciting engine, it was pretty much the best overall package..
Ill defeated the other japanese and italian bikes by a long way (using quotes such as 'boreing','slow','cheap')
but i couldnt tell whether the street triple or fz6 won the comparo, so we will call it a dead heat..
but im happy with that coz the street triple is a damn fine bike!

Its about bloody time we got some of the credit that this bike deserves!!!!

CHEERS TO AMCN!!
AUSTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE NEWS
dont think the comparo will be online, maybe after newyears

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just thumbed through some magazine at the news stand that rated the FZ6 last in their comparisons of 'naked' bikes. It never does seem to get any respect in the american mags.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Road Runner Magazine has a nice write up of the 2008 in there latest issue.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
motorcycle rags = worthless. i could tell that from their retarded tire tests.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Its exactly the same over here with the mags. If it has'nt got 170bhp+ and radial brakes and upside down forks and fully adjustable suspension its rubbish..

Ive test rode other bikes and there is nothing out there that does everything the fz6 does. Yes there are more powerfull bikes, yes there are 600's with a stronger midrange, yes there are bikes with upside down forks, and radial brakes...

As a standard bike, particularly at the price its sold at, in my opinion nothing much comes close.

I suppose you could say its the ford focus / crown victoria of the bike world.

Its a very capable commuter, its a stonking sports tourer with a decent tank range, its able to put a big smirk on your face when you venture upwards of 9000rpm, capable of scratching on a sunday morning with the pegs down.

Its not expensive to run, it doesnt eat tires, chains and sprockets, and isnt bad on the insurance costs.

And it does all this in comfort...

Ive looked at the vfr800, triumph sprint st, fz1 fazer, cbf1000, r6, cbr600f and none of those really do what I require of the fz6 fazer any better when you look at the big picture.

When you look at weight, insurance, fuel economy and fuel range and Comfort, what comes close ???

Has anyone rode the yzf r6s ? we dont have that our side of the pond.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is all to show you that no two bikes are the same and the point is that each excels in some areas better than others. At the end, it is the personal buyers decision of where their priorities are and the choice of bikes is based on that. This is also true of cars. If you preference is for more of a drivers car than the Mazda 6 is a much better choice than a Toyota Camry. If you prefer a creamy ride than a Camry is better. So, it is always difficult to rank cars or bikes overall since people put different weights on different aspects.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love this bike.

I've NEVER been happier with ANY motorcycle I've ever owned. (and I've oned a few)

It's perfect for me and that's what counts. I could care less what some "so-called" expert thinks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Who cares what the cycle rags think? I, for one, love my 06 and the more the rags diss. the bike the more respect they loss from me.They ride them for a week and then they are gone. Ride one for 2 years every chance you get and then tell me what you think of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts