Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a motad cat replacement pipe for my fazer.

Fitted it saturday afternoon. Used the bike for work on the monday.
What a difference all round. Idles and revs smoother.
Sounds a tad deeper on exhaust note and low and midrange power have improved. The revs no longer strangle up at 8k before the top end rush. Power is far more linear throughout the entire rev range now.
The other massive bonus is a lot less heat radiating from the exhaust. I was having a problem with the heat warming the scotoiler oil to the point on number 2 setting it was still putting oil on the tyre.

My bikes equipped with the high capacity res behind the number plate and the pipe runs down the left side of the bike sub frame, and as far away from the heat as possible.

The bikes on a stock silencer. The best 50quid sterling I could have spent.

A really worth while mod in my opinion

Paul

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. At the moment there are no emmision tests on motorcycles thankfully. There is a noise limit mind and the rozzers check your silencers for the road legal mark should you get stopped with a noisy exhaust but thats it really.

Can someone tell me how to post pics please ?

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
You can try to use the "attach" function if you post (not quick reply, use the Post Reply button).

But the best way is to get a photobucket account (free, takes 1 minute) and host the pictures there. Once you upload a pic to photobucket, below it is a text box called IMG...click on it and it copies to your clipboard, the URL automatically embedded in

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for that. will get pics up tmorrow. Run out of time now...off to work.

Thanks

Paul

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
I got a CAT elim recently .. lets see how that goes .. also got a pcIII .. well

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had mine made. I bought a full stock exhaust cheap so I could cut it up. Had a guy cut the cat out and add a piece of straight pipe.

I just got it all painted up (flat black header paint) yesterday, I'll post up some pics soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Laser exhausts and motad exhausts make them. Ive got the motad one. Its makes a massive difference to the bike. Smoother, more power in the low to mid range revs. To the point the top end is not lacking but with the midrange being that bit more powerfull the step into the top end revs is far less dramatic. The power delivery is far more linear.

On the uk fazer groups they recon about 5hp difference. Got to say it certainly feels better and it has not mucked the fuelling up. (Stock exhaust.)

2 up with full camping gear, expanded panniers, expanded tankbag and topbox mount loaded with 2 chairs, tent, fold up table and sleeping matts etc and the bike was pulling from 2k in 2nd and 3rd gear without a grumble.

Well worth doing.

Paul

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What does this mean??????????
I have the high capacity res behind the numberplate with the scottoiler main bit fitted in that. The pipe goes through below the number plate light and runs down the left hand side of the rear sub / seat frame. The heat from the exhaust was warming the pipe that carries the scottoil even though its over an inch away. Hence the oil was warm and flowing far faster.

Removing the cat has reduced the heat by quite a substantial margin.

Will post some pics.

Paul

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my motad pipe from lm spares. if you join the unofficial fazer forum here in the uk, you get club discount of 10%. So I recon with the exchange rate working against you guys ur lookin at $100 plus postage.

Motorcycle Spares, Parts, Exhausts

LM Spares Yamaha / Motad Downpipes & Collectors

Yamaha FZ6 Fazer, Motad Cat Removal Pipe (CY6FZ)
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer '04-05' Cat Removal Pipe, made from stainless steel & comes with a 36 month warranty.
Free U.K Mainland Delivery!

Price: £47.00 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

Hope that helps...

Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
After checking around where I live to get a pipe made with no luck, I decided to go online and buy one made by Mivv. Runs around $119.00 including shipping through a distributor in the USA. Bad news is that I've got to wait for it to ship from Italy.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
After checking around where I live to get a pipe made with no luck, I decided to go online and buy one made by Mivv. Runs around $119.00 including shipping through a distributor in the USA. Bad news is that I've got to wait for it to ship from Italy.

Hi Maverick... Check your inbox - it's here and awaiting payment....

We can get these quickly if anyone needs them..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I got my cat elim pipe today and the darn thing is too short:confused::confused::confused: PJ's informed that the pipe I've got from them is for the 2006 model, which is a problem because I've got a 2007. YES I ORDERED A 2007 PIPE PER THE WEBSITE. PJ's has been intouch with MIVV who has informed that the cat elim pipe for the 2007 model is "still in production".

[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts