Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
"Hey FAZR6, how much money have you spent on these upgrades? Could you post with the items/cost?"

Devil Exhaust - $750
Seat Cowl - $270
Power Comander - $280
Lower Fairing - $750
FE Kit - FREE!!!!!!!
Grand Total? Too Much (But not as much as Skippy!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
FAZR6 said:
Your catching up very quickly though Mike :spank

Skippy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn man, that's alot of cash to throw down.
Bike $6,000.00
Mods $2,100.00
You could have bought a literbike with full fairings for 'bout that much.

I have the same Silver/Black FZ6. I would love to get those additions...

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Call me crazy

Maybe a well used one. I'm a noobie. I have no business with an R6 or R1 right now and really prefer having something special. I would hate to pay sportbike rates for insurance. I wanted an FZ6 and now I have it looking like I want it. It feels good to have something very unique. I wouldn't trade it even right now for a stock 2004 R6 or R1....but if you know anyone with an MV Augusta, I'd be interested in a trade....lol...I love my bike and I'm having fun with it, and I'm foolish about how I've been spending money on it. My bad.

·
Registered
205 Posts
FAZR6 said:
I love my bike and I'm having fun with it, and I'm foolish about how I've been spending money on it. My bad.

I'm the same, I have had a 2002 R1, and wouldn't have another crotch rocket in my garage if it was free.

I like the fact that I have a bike that has a little bit of me in it, and still does everything I need it to.

Skippy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is it just me, or is the Devil Exhaust link dead?

·
Registered
2 Posts
FAZR6 said:
For those of you who want a fender eliminator kit, but don't want to pay a lot for it, I have a great product that I make myself that's inexpensive and looks really good. I made the first one for myself, never intending to sell them, but after posting pics of my bike began getting requests from others to make one for them. Since then, I have improved the design 3 times and made and sold 25 of them and have only had good and possitive feedback from everyone who's bought one. There are two versions available as you will see from the pics. The newer one works for everyone and has the signals mounted close to the license plate, and the other has the signals moved forward just behind the passenger foot pegs and is the original design.

The biggest advantages to using my kit as opposed to all of the others (besides the price) is that mine allows you to use your stock signals which look very nice and match the fronts, use your stock license plate light, and they actually have a factory look. There is also a version for aftermarket signals which you supply, but you must specify which style you prefer as the two types are not interchangable. All of the kits are quality made from sturdy .090 aluminum (unlike those paper thin stamped out ones that the other guys sell for over $100), have a satin black finish and come with mounting hardware and instructions and use existing mounting points so that no drilling or modifying of you bike in needed. I am only charging $50 + shipping for the kit and a portion of each sale will be donated to this message board. The shipping amount varies depending on how far you are from me because I only charge you what it costs me, but for U.S. orders it ranges between $5 - $7 and canada is around $10. I also have paypal setup to allow credit card payments and faster service. Check out the pics and PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in one for your FZ6. Check out the link below to see pics and comments from customers.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1025
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3938
Thanks Mike for all the hard work, looking forward to the kit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the kit

FAZR6 said:
For those of you who want a fender eliminator kit, but don't want to pay a lot for it, I have a great product that I make myself that's inexpensive and looks really good. I made the first one for myself, never intending to sell them, but after posting pics of my bike began getting requests from others to make one for them. Since then, I have improved the design 3 times and made and sold 25 of them and have only had good and possitive feedback from everyone who's bought one. There are two versions available as you will see from the pics. The newer one works for everyone and has the signals mounted close to the license plate, and the other has the signals moved forward just behind the passenger foot pegs and is the original design.

The biggest advantages to using my kit as opposed to all of the others (besides the price) is that mine allows you to use your stock signals which look very nice and match the fronts, use your stock license plate light, and they actually have a factory look. There is also a version for aftermarket signals which you supply, but you must specify which style you prefer as the two types are not interchangable. All of the kits are quality made from sturdy .090 aluminum (unlike those paper thin stamped out ones that the other guys sell for over $100), have a satin black finish and come with mounting hardware and instructions and use existing mounting points so that no drilling or modifying of you bike in needed. I am only charging $50 + shipping for the kit and a portion of each sale will be donated to this message board. The shipping amount varies depending on how far you are from me because I only charge you what it costs me, but for U.S. orders it ranges between $5 - $7 and canada is around $10. I also have paypal setup to allow credit card payments and faster service. Check out the pics and PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in one for your FZ6. Check out the link below to see pics and comments from customers.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1025
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3938
I hope you can provide slip on exhausts that inexpensively;)

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
FAZR6: I must say you have a very beautiful and clean looking bike. It really doesn't look like a typical FZ6 and I love that exhaust. Congrats on a good job with the bike, and don't listen to people who tell you to get a litrebike, that bike is better looking and has your personal touches, keep it, and love it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I plan to get a Literbike when I pay off my FZ6 next year, but... I plan to keep my FZ6. It's a great bike, superior to full sport bikes as a daily driver, and I do a damn fine job of keeping up with the others in the corners as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyway, stupid question, ordered some Progrip 725s :eek: . At any rate, if anyone was looking for replacement blinkers (I personally think the things are too damn big stock) www.holeshot.com has some really svelte looking ones, either flush mount or cat eyes with very small chrome stems that are pretty reasonably priced.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Should be getting my FE kit from FAZR6 tomorrow. I will have to post some pics once I get it on. :leghump

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Looks like a company called Top Saddlery makes a replacement seat for the FZ6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Galfer Wave Rotors for the FZ6

I was just surfing around at http://www.kneedraggers.com and when I did a search on FZ6 stuff, I noticed that they now list a part number for the Galfer Wave Rotors. Pricey at $530 for the front pair, but they sure do look cool.

Here's the link:FZ6 Galfer Wave Rotors @ kneedraggers.com

I looked at the part numbers of all the other Yamaha wave rotors and they were all different, so it appears that the FZ6 has orphan brakes that aren't on other yamahas.

JimE

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
FAZR6 said:
"Seat Cowl - $270
Power Comander - $280
Lower Fairing - $750
FE Kit - FREE!!!!!!!
Where did you get the seat cowl and fairing from?
Does the seat cowl cover the back of the stock seat or is it two separate pieces...?

Thanks

PS.. could you give me some info re: that FE kit you make... (how it installs etc.... I am a moron when it comes to mechanical stuff.. not that that is really mechanical...)

Thanks again...

41 - 60 of 211 Posts