Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was turniing left on a empty street and had to yield for a fz1 turning on the same road ..in the same direction :)
fz1 went wide open throttle i answered him back
he had a jump on me ( car lenth)
but he never put any distance on me .......
yet i couldnt gain on him either ........went up to 80~ish and stopped for traffic

i had about 1 bar of gas...........
feels good to hang with a liter bike...
 

·
POP
Joined
·
490 Posts
RickInMass said:
From a guy who sold his FZ1 last season and bought and FZ6 this summer, i think he may have been takin it easy on ya.
I believe so too. My friend has a Z1000 and pulls away from me everytime. At least in the straights. :D
I killed him in the dragon though. Of course, to his credit, he's still getting used to his bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
RickInMass said:
From a guy who sold his FZ1 last season and bought and FZ6 this summer, i think he may have been takin it easy on ya.
I, too, had an '02 FZ1. He was toyin' with ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn it ....thanks for bursting my bubble .....
why did you guys sell your fz1 for a fz6?
my fz6 scares me at times........i wonder what an fz1 feels like
:urowned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
tassue said:
damn it ....thanks for bursting my bubble .....
why did you guys sell your fz1 for a fz6?
my fz6 scares me at times........i wonder what an fz1 feels like
:urowned
He has almost twice the bike...you didn't stand a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I don't think he was even racing ya... it just might have felt like it. If our bikes are like Camaros, the FZ1 is like a Dodge Viper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
tassue said:
why did you guys sell your fz1 for a fz6?
I sold my FZ1 in favor of something else (GSX-R750). The FZ6 is my wife's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
I beat an FZ1 down the local twisty with my Hawk GT (and he was trying!). He was shocked that I beat him..but to give him credit...he had only been riding 2 years and me 20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
You were racing..
He was out on a sundy drive... :lol
 

·
Street Warrior
Joined
·
143 Posts
Well my buddy just bought a Busa and I tell you what I have to catch him in the next county. It is an amazing bike. I am just fine with my great Super Blue FZ6. Ride safe,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
I can't keep it within legal speeds as it is, I think it's a good thing I'm not on anything b*****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
orFZ6rider said:
Well my buddy just bought a Busa and I tell you what I have to catch him in the next county. It is an amazing bike. I am just fine with my great Super Blue FZ6. Ride safe,
FZ6Busa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Fz1

I too traded my FZ1 in on the 6.....he was toying with you. In a straight line no contest. Now in the curves, rider ability given the 6 will stay with the 1. I am 145 lbs at 5'8" and my FZ1 hardly knew I was on the bike. 'Busas from the line(untill top end matters) could not run away from me. It was however a big heavy bike made for b***** than me folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
fz6Man said:
In a straight line no contest. Now in the curves, rider ability given the 6 will stay with the 1.
Definitely rider abilities in turns.. you can break the tires loose on a 600 in a turn so having an extra 50+ horses on a heavier bike isn't much good. Actually 1000cc bikes have to be extra careful that they don't punch it too hard or else they'll lowside big time.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top