Sport Bikes banner

FZ1 aftermarket mods

72K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  MrDaytona 
#1 ·
Lets get a list of aftermarket mods going with things you can buy as well a those that you made. Post up your links for your favorite and I will edit them onto this list.

Performance:
Apperance:

Reactions: bflo
#4 ·
I just ordered a Power Commander III from Ivan (http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/index.htm). I also plan to put on a Two Brothers Racing muffler (http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shop...es/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-FZ1-SO_06.html). Ivan is also working on an ignition module and another device to add 10 hp between 5,000 & 9,000 rpm. He will also be working on a modified airbox. I plan on making all of these mods as they are released. If you are an '06 FZ1 owner, you really need to look at the wiring running through the air inlets at the front of the frame on both sides. There is MAJOR restrictions that can be fixed by re-routing the wires on the outside of the frame. It's very, very easy to do and allows for much better air flow into the airbox. The airbox inlet is also very, very small and should be enlarged too. The FZ1 has at least 20 more hp in it. I plan on letting it loose!

Jim

#8 ·
Gen 1 Mods

I've got an '03 with a bunch of hardware from Dale Walker at Holeshot Racing. I have the stage 1 jet kit with 3 degree timing advancer, AIS removal, slip-on, fork brace, and adjustable dogbones. I've been completely satisfied with the performance and quality of every part I've received, and his customer service is tops. Check him out at

http://www.holeshot.com/

He also has a header that is compatible with other manufacturers' slip-ons, a stage two jet kit with pods, and more. He also has parts for the '06. Check him out.

#11 · (Edited)
Let's see

Targa Screen I think
EBC pads and Galfer Lines
Yam Ti bars
R1 shifter
Pyramid real hugger CF
Yam CF front fender, side covers and airbox covers
Clear tank protector and rear plastics
Yam chin spoiler
Heated grips Kimpex
Yoshi SS can
Holeshot AIS removal
Holeshot Stage 1 kit with advancer

#12 ·
Lets see if I can remember all of them.

Carbon Fiber Front Fender (ART)
Cat Eye Blinker kit (Holeshot)
Custom Bar Clamp (Fz1) (PJsParts)
Custom Resivor Cover (PJsParts)
Cut Fender
Horn Mirror Hole Covers
Rizoma Circuit 851 Mirrors
Stainless Steel Bolts
15/47 Sprockets
Gear Position Indicator
Pingel Electric Shifter
Reverse Glow Gauges
Speedo Healer
AIS Removed
Custom Sliders
Muzzy Rad Fan
Pazzo Racing Levers
Holeshot Header
Holeshot Stage 2 Jet Kit
48HP shot of Nitrous
Yoshi TRS Slip-On
Lowering links 2" drop
Holeshot Steering Damper
Pilot Powers

#13 ·
after market mods

Hi Guys,

Here my mods so far on my '05: SS brake lines, lower flairings, tire hugger, sliders, Mini turn signals color matched to bike (blue), double bubble screen, corbin seat, flow commander, Yoshi exhaust, white face glow gauges, combined brake and turn signal lights, xeon headlights, CF on triple clamp and gauge cover, pro grips, lowered handle bars, pazo levels and Olin damper. Still on the list to do: Michelin 2CT, lower the bike and possible graffics. As soon as I figure how to post pics, I will.

#18 ·
Oooopppppsss!

Layed my fz1 down yesterday due to fast deceleration on a road with sand on it. To much front break! Watch the roads, a fun day ride endened up in a lot of good jokes from my buddies. I found out I can still break dance and do the head spin, LOL. No injuries due to good riding gear. Just a brused EGO!

#39 ·
Layed my fz1 down yesterday due to fast deceleration on a road with sand on it. To much front break! Watch the roads, a fun day ride endened up in a lot of good jokes from my buddies. I found out I can still break dance and do the head spin, LOL. No injuries due to good riding gear. Just a brused EGO!

Glad your alright, but I know how you feel. Just before I left for Iraq I layed down my FZ1 just messing around with some friends. Physically I was fine and my bike wasnt to bad off, a few cracks and scatches but nothing major. Even though I was alright and my bike was overall fine, my EGO wasnt to good. It was my fault and I wasnt mad until I saw what I did to my bike, thats when my EGO took a hit, and I was just so mad ay myself just because of what I did to my bike, I really didnt think about myself eventhough I was fine. Of course I caught alot of crap from my buddies too.

#20 ·
06 FZ1 Silver

Only 113 miles yet, but I just installed the lower cowl & trying to figure out how to install thses darn LP LED Flush Mounted Turn Signals...any suggestion? No screws or any accurate instruction. The packaging says "drill 2 holes in fairing...", but the website states "no drilling required, simply use stock back-plate." To which I have no clue...
kmasa

#21 ·
EBC Bars and Galfer lines etc...

Hey,

Notice you install EBC Pads and Galfer lines. I have a 07 FZ1 looking to do the same. Big difference? Also,what is the R1 Shifter all about as well as the Yam Ti Bars..any help would be appreciated, Thanks Bearclawjj

Targa Screen I think
EBC pads and Galfer Lines
Yam Ti bars
R1 shifter
Pyramid real hugger CF
Yam CF front fender, side covers and airbox covers
Clear tank protector and rear plastics
Yam chin spoiler
Heated grips Kimpex
Yoshi SS can
:banana Think I'm done-maybe an Ivan's kit.[/QUOTE]

#24 ·
i have an o3 fz1, and i want to take off the quarter fairings and turn it in to a complete naked, is there a headlight/gauge kit that i can buy? or do i have to fabricate it myself? also, when has everybody found that the valves actually need to be shimmed and how much shim was required? cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.