Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You're caring too much about how you look if you ask me.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
i think that the helmet kinda looks cool. but dont think i would consider buying one, you are. if you like it then get it. The helmet meets SNELL standard but it does not meet DOT and ECE R22-05. that being said its your decision not ours.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
I've done a lot of touring on my dual sport while wearing a moto-x lid with goggles. Any helmet with a visor will be noisy and the wind likes to catch in it. They also buffet at speed.

I know this Shoei has a face shield but I'd still expect it to be noisy and unruly on the highway. I read a review awhile ago that said it wasn't bad but the rider had a full windscreen on the bike IIRC. I suspect the air diverted by the FZ screen will hit it in all the wrong places.

I'd only get it if you plan on doing a bunch of riding below 60MPH. Visors are nice for blocking the sun but horrible aerodynamically.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any helmet is better than no helmet.

I ride a naked bike so that thing might break my neck at 100 mph+ because of the lid.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I recently bought an AGV helmet, after using it for a while i realised it had been designed for sportsbike riders who are well leant over on the bike because the brow and chin piece of the helmet is positioned quite high, this is fine if your leant over but if you're in an upright position (such as it is on our bikes) then two problems occur:

The sun shines right in your eyes and you cannot use the usual method of tilting your head down to block it out (i had to put two strips of insulation tape accross the top edge of the visor)........and also i cannot check my speedo without tilting my head down, whereas before i could just glance. It doesn't sound like much but i find it quite annoying.

For this reason i think an enduro style helmet would not only go well looks wise, but also have actual practical value! As they're designed for use on sit up type bikes you should have no problem seeing your speedo and with that peak you'll certainly not have to worry about the sun! I might shell out for one myself!

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
vaanen said:
The sun shines right in your eyes and you cannot use the usual method of tilting your head down to block it out (i had to put two strips of insulation tape accross the top edge of the visor
The electrical tape works great. I've been doing that for a few years. Possible the cheapest mod ever.

·
Registered
169 Posts
redoliander said:
i think that the helmet kinda looks cool. but dont think i would consider buying one, you are. if you like it then get it. The helmet meets SNELL standard but it does not meet DOT and ECE R22-05. that being said its your decision not ours.
i think this helmet looks like you should be flying a space ship. kinda cool but strange at the same time.

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
Same thing as a cruiser rider wearing a sportbike helmet....I see that lots and all I can say is the helmet, and you, will be out of place image wise, if you're concerned with your image.
I really hope Augie was joking when he said it would get you laid....maybe it turned him on???:bitchslap

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
My buddy rode his FZ1 with a helmet like that until I gave him my spare helmet (an HJC). He said the wind caught the thing BAD if he lifted his head or turned to the side. I like my neck muscles so I won't be buying en endure lid anytime soon... :)

That said, who gives a shit about image!?! I'm 25, put a fair bit of money into my car for things that are arguably image related, but I won't buy a helmet based on image. I also like keeping my fender, and I'm really not bothered by the long turn signals and the reflectors on the FZ6. [\end rant]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts