Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a co-worker who accidentally dropped his 2014 FZ09 when parking last night, and he was unable to pick the bike up and had nobody to help. So he had to leave the bike on it's side (laying on left side) over night in his garage and had someone to help lift it this morning.
I personally have 2 FZ-09s so he asked me about this, and what all he should check on the bike, and make sure oil/gas didn't make it's way into places it shouldn't be, ETC. There are no exterior damages, he (and myself) is just wondering about anything else that should be checked out. Check the oil and coolant levels obviously, but what else? Kind of a dumb question I know... Where are the oil breather hoses routed to on the FZ 09? Should he take a peek inside the air box?
I've never really heard of this happening ,where a bike had to be left on its side over night, especially a FZ09, so I thought I would find out. Thanks

·
Are we not men?
9,033 Posts
My biggest concern would be if the battery leaked. That could cause major problems. Oil, coolant, fuel would be minor issues. I don't think oil in the airbox would be likely but it could happen and if so, would be a minor cleanup issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts