Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a customer at work yesterday. He was admiring the nice day and saying how he would love to have played hooky and hit the course for a quick 18. I was telling him I agreed, but that 18 holes of golf wasn't what I had in mind, that I would have loved to hop on my bike and attempt to straigten a ribbon of roads. Anyway, we got to talking about motorcycles and he tells me that his son rides, and that he just bought his son a new motorcycle. When I asked what kind, he responded a Yamaha 1000 (r something or other he said) I said wow thats a lot of motorcycle, your son must be a good rider. His response, "nope he crashed his 600 honda and said that he thought the lower center of gravity on the R1 (he actually said R something or other) would be better. :eek:nfloor I expressed my concern to make sure his son was okay, his response "oh he's fine, he had dropped the 600 several times while riding, I think that with the different seating positon on the Yamaha, he will be just fine" at this point, I got back to work, because I didn't want to hear anything else.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
He should have gotten a busa :eek:nfloor Must be nice to have daddy buy you a new bike when u crash. :fiddy

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I said it before, and I'll say it again:

Ignorance is bliss, until it involves medical bills, insurance surcharge points and rehab.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i bs'd my parents like that before. it's called creativity.

...seriously Dad, I'm better off, look how much lower the seat is. that was the whole reason i was wrecking...

yeah right!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smokin' Joe said:
Damn, I feel my insurance going up already. This looks like a canadate for a Darwin Award.

Joe
go ahead and eat that extra cheeseburger, because the increase in insurance will provide an offset in weight savings

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
:popcorn oh man.. I cant wait for the updates!!!
Feels like a kid at christmas, just waiting for the inevitible "son looped it" email..

Lower center of gravity.. LOL.. see how that Low CoG looks as its sailing over your head after he loops it.. HAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when I took my MSF course the instructors aid (who by the way was the son of the instructor) had a Superhawk (VTR1000) that was his first bike, he had been riding for one year incident free (total squid) after I gratuated, I picked up my SV. I ran into him one night at the local hangout and noticed that he was leaning on a 04 giggy 1000. I asked him where the superhawk was. His story was that he was leaned over and hit a squarrel (now the farthest that bike ever leaned was the kick stand) totalled the bike, and he decided that he needed something faster (so wont hit the squarrel next time, I guess) and bought a GSXR1000.

oh I forgot to mention that he wouldn't wear his helmet anymore because his new bike was blue/white and his helmet was red. and because of the bike he couldn't afford to purchase a new jacket helmet so he just bought a blue/white Suzuki t-shirt instead (FYI, I am not creative enough to make this shit up)

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Can I just cry now?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was in the grocery store buying an item or two and had my helmet in hand as I never leave anything unattended. And the cashier was an older dude about 40 says, "hey whatcha ridin" I told him. He was like a 600? is that enough power? Oh my son has 900 something Honda, it's his first bike etc. I think I just stood there in disbelief as the cashier talked smack about 600's.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
My dad would of never fell for that. He owned bikes all his life. He was pissed to all hell when I bought a 600 as my first street bike. He did not care that I have been riding bikes since I was 5.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fred said:
Can I just cry now?
fred you have probably seen the guy from the second story roll into Strats on occasion. Blue/White GSXR, yellow glasses rolls with a guy on an older custom painted ZX6, and a another guy on a 600 gsxr like an 03 black/red bike. all with hotties on the back, nobody ever has gear.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You should've schooled dad about his sons new bike. That would've been an interesting conversation at the dinner table that night... "So son, do you really think you need one of the fastest bikes made??" :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
You should atleast give the guy a real quick talking to before you burst out laughing.

Who knows you could have saved the kids life.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Okay who wants my CBR? I'm going to go blow my brains out now. The human race just let me down. :(

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'll take it. I could use the spare parts. Haven't been through Bend in almost a year anyway.
Come to think of it, Bend is only 315 miles away. I may have to make a weekend road trip sometime to enjoy a few highways (avoiding the Oregon Highway Patrol as best I can) over there.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
There's a guy in town here that has a sweet ZX-11 with about 3500mi on it and has been sitting on his porch for several years. He won't ride it,but won't sell it either.
Iv'e tried to buy it and so has a dude I ride with. When my friend asked about buying the bike a few weeks ago the owner still won't sell and said he is saving it for when his son gets his license! Maybe he doesn't like his son?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts