Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I bought my bike last year, any time I rode down the street while the local kids (6 to 12 years old, I'd say) were out playing, one or more would yell out "Nice bike" or something to that effect. I'd smile and wave and that was it.

So today, as I pull out of the driveway, I notice 2 of the kids were on pocket bikes, one was on a sport bike, the other was on a chopper. As I rode past, the one on the sport bike gave me a perfect down-to-the-side motorcycle wave (which I returned), but true to form, the one on the chopper just looked straight ahead and didn't wave. I don't think it was intentional, but the irony was pretty humorous. I just laughed the rest of the way down the street that I actually exchanged motorcycle waves with a 6 year old on a pocket bike.

Next time I ride my V-Rod, I'll have to see if the waves are reversed :)

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
User Name said:
As I rode past, the one on the sport bike gave me a perfect down-to-the-side motorcycle wave (which I returned), but true to form, the one on the chopper just looked straight ahead and didn't wave.
:eek:nfloor isnt that the way it always is. thats classic :lao

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That was a cool story.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now the only question is will you see the kid on the chopper broke down and the pocket bike riding by? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
One kid(7 yrs old) has a mini Pollini and him and I exchange waves everytime we pass each other as I am leaving my neighborhood. haha. I taught him the biker wave, and he loves it.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
that's pretty funny

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
Good one!

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
toodlenocher said:
Alas, I am a newb. What is the biker wave?

its where you stick your arm straight up in the air and wave erratically

if you ride a scooter.....:bitchslap

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Haha ok really...it's not really a wave, more like extending your left hand straight out and down at about a 45 degree angle with thumb still on the bars. I just think it would be fun to ride up next to a harley or scooter rider or and just wave like crazy at them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is a good story. Kids are great.

ZxHunteR said:
Man pictured this in my head as I was reading it and just about rolled, man. If I ever saw that on the road, I would crash for sure. :eek:nfloor

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
.:bitchslap
Thats funny because the first time my wife ever rode out with me on her own bike, that is EXACTLY what she did. I pulled over and showed her "the wave" right then. It was too embarrasing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts