Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to one of my club members and he has a friend that works at Fulmer and currently has 5 helmets available for a great price. He doesn't know if he has a yellow or not, but he could most likely get one if I wanted. I was wondering if there were any model helmets that may be as nice as my Shoei RF-900. I've had it for almost 2 years now and haven't had a problem with it other than rock chips. I've never worn a Fulmer, so are they any good? Thankies!

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Sorry I can't help you out with my experiences, but at the dealer where I live they are the low end afterthought, I just spent $8,000 on a bike but forgot to buy a helmet, oh there is a cheap Fulmer let me pick it up type of deal. All the parts, like the windscreen and vents break easily, and I even seen one after a wreck. Didn't look pretty, but I guess it worked.

I say you are better off with HJC or Icon if you want a deal, as those brands have at least proven themselves.

Remember I haven't actually worn a Fulmer, so take it with a grain of salt.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
i liked my fulmer when I had it. a nice fit and not to noisy. protected my head in a 45mph highside, landing on my head-but the visor did pop off it may have been result of direct impact on the side hinge

·
Registered
598 Posts
The guy I bought my bike from had a Shoei RF1000 and some kind of Fulmer. He said the helmet was a complete piece of shit and although he was giving me all his gear with the bike, I didn't even bother taking that. Maybe some of the newer models are better but he absolutely hated it

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No more word on Fulmer? Heh, seems like I still can't get any comments on Fulmer when I ask about them. :D Might have to pass on the helmets then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I worked at a bike shop for 3 years and we sold Arai, Shoei, HJC, and (unfortunatly Fulmers). They are crap. Dealer price is only like $30-$40. I personally wear an Arai because my head is worth more to me then cheap helmet.
On that note my brother-in-law bought the same helmet as R6Junkie and when I picked it up I thought I was going to pull a muscle. The thing is about 3X's heavier then my Quantum f. Just my $0.02 but get a good helmet.
HJC's are great helmets for the money. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg but if you can swing it get an Arai, you won't be sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts