Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions for anybody that has a full size GM truck that carries their bike in the bed of the truck.

what size of box do you have (short, regular, or long) and does the bike fit in there easy. might wanna tell me what type of bike you have too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Should fit fine. I have a 98 S10 flareside and bike 03 R6 fits fine. If I want to close the tailgate, put the bike in at an angle. Which I never do. Just leave the gate down, get better mileage!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2000 full size extended cab and my TLS fits back there fine with the gate down also. I have never tried to get it in at an angle to close the gate. My old 94 gixxer 750 fit in the back of my S10 with the gate down also. So a full size should not be a problem.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My bike (CBR929) fit just fine (straight in) in a 2002 Chevy 1500 WITH the tailgate closed. Just check the length of the bike in question against the truck bed specs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just tie it down with 2 straps coming off the handle bars to the truck bed. Keep the bike standing straight up. If you have extra straps tie them around the grab handle in the back to the truck bed. You taking a much b***** risk of the bike falling over by puting it in sideways. The tail gate being closed isn't going to stop the bike from falling over anyways.

·
Registered
765 Posts
TheYellowDark said:
Just tie it down with 2 straps coming off the handle bars to the truck bed. Keep the bike standing straight up. If you have extra straps tie them around the grab handle in the back to the truck bed. You taking a much b***** risk of the bike falling over by puting it in sideways. The tail gate being closed isn't going to stop the bike from falling over anyways.
Not sure who you are talking to, since no one has said they put the bike in sideways. :confused:

·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input. i'm considering getting a full size chevy and dumping the Monte Carlo. rebates for full size trucks right now are insane. just was curious about the 'short, regular and long' beds.

i've seen a buddy of mine put an R6 into the bed of an S10 before, but i had forgotten about it until DreddR6 said that his fits.

Baldman said:
My bike (CBR929) fit just fine (straight in) in a 2002 Chevy 1500 WITH the tailgate closed. Just check the length of the bike in question against the truck bed specs.
lol, that's exactly what i didn't want to do...spend time looking that stuff up. :lol

·
Registered
842 Posts
i have a 84 longbed gmc 2500 and i installed a loop in the middle front of the bed so i can tie my rc51 and my friends 636 in there at the same time. works perfect for long dist travel too and both bikes dont touch each other...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Baldman said:
Not sure who you are talking to, since no one has said they put the bike in sideways. :confused:
If someone is concerned about closing the tail gate, they might consider puting the bike in at angle so the tail gate will close. I was simply saying there is no need and it is safer to leave it down if the gate won't shut.

By the way reread TLSean's post.

·
Registered
765 Posts
TheYellowDark said:
If someone is concerned about closing the tail gate, they might consider puting the bike in at angle so the tail gate will close. I was simply saying there is no need and it is safer to leave it down if the gate won't shut.

By the way reread TLSean's post.
Oh! ;) I thought I clarified that comment with my post of the bike fitting fine in a shortbed...but all of this speculation will be dependant upon the length of his bike - which he should invest 15 seconds into and find out if it will fit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can fit 2 R6s in the bed of my DoubleCab Tacoma w/ the rear tailgate down. I see no reason why a single bike wouldn't fit into the larger bed of a GMC/Chevy truck.

·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, i just looked it up and my R6 is 79.72 inches in length and the regular bed is 78.xx inches long. the short bed is 69 inches or something like that. i think i should go with the regular bed length.

i'll post some pics if i do get a new truck, but it's not a done deal yet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
ok, i just looked it up and my R6 is 79.72 inches in length and the regular bed is 78.xx inches long. the short bed is 69 inches or something like that. i think i should go with the regular bed length.

i'll post some pics if i do get a new truck, but it's not a done deal yet.
you can always go with those bed extenders

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carried a friends slightly bent R1 in the back of my 99 stepside extended cab, short bed silverado.

Was even able to get the tailgate up. (Granted the front wheel was flat and slightly bent :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts