Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Short Length Levers

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
^^^ trying to justify buying fancy 200 levers are we....;)
Haha, me? Naw. I'll admit it. I got my pazzo levers for my street bike purely for aesthetics. :p And the only reason why I considered them in the first place was because I got a nice deal through a friend of mine that owns a local shop. :)

But yeah, there ARE some other benefits to aftermarket levers besides how they look even though a lot of people think that's all they're for. And I do prefer the pazzos to my old stock levers but I probably wouldn't buy another set for full price.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Haha, me? Naw. I'll admit it. I got my pazzo levers for my street bike purely for aesthetics. :p And the only reason why I considered them in the first place was because I got a nice deal through a friend of mine that owns a local shop. :)

But yeah, there ARE some other benefits to aftermarket levers besides how they look even though a lot of people think that's all they're for. And I do prefer the pazzos to my old stock levers but I probably wouldn't buy another set for full price.
lol, Ya I happen to agree there are some benefits. Back in 2006 I got a set of pazzos for my sv. I mainly got them for looks too but for me it was nice that now I had an adjustable clutch (my fingers are short). Then I crashed and broke them off so i wont ever buy expensive levers again. It was a one time deal with me.

But back on topic, I vote for short levers for those that 2 finger brake or clutch. I crashed and broke both the clutch and brake on my dirt bike and never bothered to remove them. I developed the 2 finger method from that. I have long levers on all my street bikes but as long as your clutch action can be completed w/o hitting your other fingers your good to go with any length of lever in reality. Same with brake too.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I would prefer shorties... because my fingers are a touch shorter- I have to have them closer to the grip - and with the knuckle armour I can actually get my fingers kind of stuck in there... the shorty helps reduce that effect- plus I just like them- I like the look and the fact most aftermarket shorties are WAY more adjustable.

Just haven't done it yet!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
crazy to hear you guys using more fingers on the clutch than the brake (except for injuries I can understand) the clutch is the same amount of resistance every time, the brake gets harder the harder you pull it. I only use 1 finger on the clutch, 2 on the brake. You should look at getting one of these if you need more than 1 finger on the clutch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was gonna try cutting my balls off to avoid hitting my remaining fingers. I too like to keep a grip on the grips at all times and thats hard to do if your fingers are in the way of the levers

·
You're a Daisy if ya do
8,534 Posts
I have Pazzo's. A shorty on the brake and a regular on the clutch.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I was gonna try cutting my balls off...
I wouldn't recommend it. What if you decide you want some more kids? Besides, it's your manhood!

I haven't ever tried shorties, only stock levers. Not sure if I would like them though. I'm weird when it comes to riding. I brake with my outside 3 fingers. Use my thumb/index to grip the throttle.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Pazzo's. Shorties on both sides.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts