Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult and expensive is it to have full fairings put on an 00+ sv650s?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it depends on what you want it to look like. The 99-02 bikes you can buy a factory lower from suzuki, painted to match for approximately $300 would be the most economical. Or you can go aftermarket with a 2wheeljunjkie(armour bodies), sharkskinz, kgcycles which will cost you more since they do not come painted though they look better imo than the factory add ons. 2wj and sharkskinz will run you around $700 just for the bodywork, kgcycles is around $500. I painted my 2wj myself but just the painting supplies cost me around $180. The factory lowers for the '03 plus though look real good on the new models. Here's a pic of my bike with 2WJ street bodywork.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah, there's nothing wrong with the way it is. I just prefer full faired look to the naked look. Simply a matter of preference. I'm about 90% sure I go to pick up an 02' with the factory fairings on wednesday :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
our local suzuki dealer charges 700 pounds extra on top of the new sv650 price of 4300 pounds,thats for hugger,seat cowling,crash bungs and full fairing.all parts colour matched and genuine suzuki.(so they tell me?)5000pounds for a great bike! you could buy a lot worse!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^^nig, explain please? <edit> oh, for dropping it :eek: I'm just going to try my hardest to be careful, but I suppose if it happens, it happens. I appreciate your concern, though.

Btw, I found the bike I'm purchasing tomorrow. It's a 2k2 with 4000 miles on it and full factory fairings (not the pretty ones like lippy's or the sv1000s's). Unfortunately my gear comes in next week so I have to sit and look at it for a week. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am selling my SV that has a lower factory fairing.
It cost me about 500 bucks and looks great. The dealership installed it for us. Can't tell you how easy or hard it was.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Sweet looking bike! You realize this thread was from 2004 right? Where in MD are you and are you interested in getting together for a ride?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Answer to your question

doct0rxnick said:
How difficult and expensive is it to have full fairings put on an 00+ sv650s?
I just bought lower fairings that cost me around 600 bucks, to put it on will cost you under 100 bucks but If you have to right tools you can probably do it yourself (must have power wrench and lift).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts