Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf had an appointment at the local hospital today and when I picked her up, there was a bunch of cruisers in the emergency room parking lot.

She had told me that a guy and his wife were riding and rear ended a car that had cut them off. Apparently the guy broke both his arms and did a faceplant on the ground wearing a half helmet.

Scary shit. I won't even play around on a pocket bike without a full helmet. All these cruiser and harley guys are pretty ballsy with them lids.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Don't feel comfortable with anything less than a full face.

·
Registered
304 Posts
About 40% of serious incidents cause major damage to the chinbar of a full-face helmet. If you don't have a chinbar...the damage is to your lower face.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I've been pegged in the head with junbugs before at 50 mph, with the sheild up getting some air <<~~stupid..... I cant imagine a face plant.....OUCH!

·
Registered
93 Posts
japbike said:
I've been pegged in the head with junbugs before at 50 mph, with the sheild up getting some air <<~~stupid..... I cant imagine a face plant.....OUCH!

My head snapped back after taking a junebug to the visor last year . Thats why the visor is down when I'm up to speed .

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
japbike said:

yeah no kidding...try a locust, its much worse believe me :eek:

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I don't know how people can ride without a full face helmet. The air on my eyes is not even fun when I ride with the lid open at 20-30mph, don't even want to know how it would feel without helmet at 60mph, nevermind at 100! :eek:

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I had a dream I was riding at around 75 on the HWY and a freakin bird hit me in the visor, knocked me off the bike.........then I woke up.

Back on topic

Yea that sucks, around here I have never seen a cruiser with a fullface helmet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A guy in my bike course was wearing a beanie one day, he fell off the bike at 10mph onto his fuckin face....4 stiches outside the mouth and like 6 inside the mouth....so whats he do? come back with a three-quater helmet the next day and says "yea i sohulda been wearing this"....im just thinkin and lookin at his helmet.....the new helmet he had still wouldent have protected fuck all other then the sides of the head and the back of his head.,.....just a dumb dumb person.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
My gf had an appointment at the local hospital today and when I picked her up, there was a bunch of cruisers in the emergency room parking lot.

She had told me that a guy and his wife were riding and rear ended a car that had cut them off. Apparently the guy broke both his arms and did a faceplant on the ground wearing a half helmet.

Scary shit. I won't even play around on a pocket bike without a full helmet. All these cruiser and harley guys are pretty ballsy with them lids.
I went down at 143 mph, way back in 1979, when full face helmets were laughed at. I had on a full face Shoei, when I hit the ground at that speed,it was a miracle just to stay alive! My head hit first, the Shoei took it all in stride, on yeah, I had road rash all over my skinny azz. But, my head was intact. I love sportbikes, if they gave me a MV Agusta, a Ducati, and $100,000 dollars, and told it is all mine, but I would have to wear half helmets for the rest of my life, they would have to keep it all. They don't make enough money to get me into a half helmet.

And to see the rider rushing to buy and wear those Nazi type helmets.

Well, I am the first to say, "to each their own"..

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would seem that there is a certain "coolness" to be riding a Harley without a lid. I don't know about anyone else but to me puting on leathers, boots and a cool helmet just makes it look that much cooler. Where else can you dress like a power ranger, ride a machine that can outperform just about anything other that a jet fighter (and they wear cool duds too) and look totaly awesome in a parking lot when you're not even moving. I may not have much experience but it seems you would have to be an idiot not to want to wear at the very least a full face helmet. ;)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
gixerking said:
yeah no kidding...try a locust, its much worse believe me :eek:
I was going down the local interstate a few weeks back. I was getting pelted by locust after locust. No fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts