Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my bike into the shop saturday to get my 15/50 520 conversion done. they kinda left my key on all day and killed my battery. i picked it up at closing time and they jumped it good. i took it home and trickle charged it over night. when i put the tank back on this morning, my fuel gauge reads full, but it flash for the whole 20 mile ride to work. what gives? :bitchslap

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I would demand that the dealer replace your battery.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have priority maintenance. i get all scheduled maintenance and 2 batteries for free. since its only a month old, i just recharged it. if it dies, ill have them give me 3 free batteries.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Only thing I can think of at the moment is the 2 connectors at the underside of the take .... maybe thier swapped or one isn't pushed in all the way.
It's a pain to get under the tank again but I would start there. I don't think leaving the key on and draining the battery would cause the fuel guage to blink ..... at least it didn't the 2-3 times I killed my battery :rolleyes damn heated grips

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Maybe the sensor/resistor inside the tank got stuck when you lifted the tank. Try riding to jog it and it should return to normal. If not, Zippy might be right.

·
Registered
676 Posts
greatzippy said:
at least it didn't the 2-3 times I killed my battery :rolleyes damn heated grips
Relays are your friends! lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rode it all day and filled up, but still blinking. im gonna go look at the connectors again. i didnt unplug anything, but maybe something came loose.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
IWRXIT.
Love your avatar..
Check mine out.. Your avatar is on my windscreen (slightly modified)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice^^

i fixed the problem. i lifted the tank and found the wire going into the green connecter severed. i just stripped and spliced. good as new. thanks for the insight fellas.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well at least you found the problem, guess that's a good thing.
I'm Supprised to hear you say that you didn't disconnect anything when you lifted the tank. If I don't disconnect those 2 connectors under the tank I can't lift mine very far. DO you remember if it was like that the first time you were under there??? I wonder if the shop lifted the tank and failed the disconnect the wires and did it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking that is what it was. no worries now. im getting my ninja out of the sho pand ill be riding that everyday.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
killernoodle said:
Or you can just wire them up to your left headlight so the grips can only come on when the light comes on :)
That's where a relay would be useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts