Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel injectors are clogged or something. I was wondering if i can put gumout brand fuel injector cleaner in. It's supposed to treat a 21 gallon tank. How much can i use? If any?

·
Banned
245 Posts
i would just find the right ratio to put in your tank.

Fuel already has cleaning agents in it but you can still get deposits in your fuel.

I wouldn't go to much because some injectors have the insulation built within the fuel stream and the cleaners eat it away causing shorts in the "coils"

Try looking up services that specialize in injectors. They have better equipment for cleaning and can also flowbench to see if your injectors are clogged.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are clogged. It sat for a year and a half not being turned on. And it runs like shit. I want to run some race gas through it and see if that helps. But thats a hefty drive. So i want to try the cleaner? Is that alright? Other opinions.

·
Registered
457 Posts
shadownynja said:
2001 gsxr 1000.

ANYONE?
lol

now i know what pulling a shadownynja is.. you preached 250 and bought a litre bike.

maybe your shitty slow running litre is Gods way of saying start small.

hey look on the bright side.. its slow as shit but maintains the coolness factor

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
MaxOwner said:
lol

now i know what pulling a shadownynja is.. you preached 250 and bought a litre bike.

maybe your shitty slow running litre is Gods way of saying start small.

hey look on the bright side.. its slow as shit but maintains the coolness factor
where the fuck you been dude? shadow had an r6, and 929...hes been riding for a few years.

:lame

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've never had any problems with cleaners in my cars. never had a fuel injected bike, but I assume they work in a pretty similar fashion. It should be ok so long as you don't put too much in and have it sit in your bike for a long time. If one bottle is supposed to treat up to 20 gallons and your tank is something like 4 or 5 gallons, try using 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 of the bottle. I would put 1/2 in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts