Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non gear head here. But I can turn a wrench.

2004 Yam' FZ6

Any ideas before I get soaked for the $70 diagnostic fee?

Stock power train, 6500 miles already....10 1/2 weeks.

cruising at 4-6K rpm I started noticing an occassional stumble, almost like I lost power/fuel?

Thought maybe bad gas/water in it or something. Then next day it seems worse/more frequent. 20 miles later I pull up to a stop sign and it stalls? Starts right back up, but won't idle? I drive another ~20 miles, won't idle but running o.k. little hesitant when keeping it cruising at 4-6K rpm.

I let 'er sit for the day of work. On the way home starts and runs with less "stumbles" and idles fine, 20miles home and idles in the garage fine?

Any ideas, don't want to get stranded and have to use my roadside assistance!

Thanks in advance anyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm - was going to say something about spark plug wires until I saw the 2004 (can't hurt to verify spark, but very unlikely). It does sound like something was working it's way through your induction system, but you never can be sure.

You may want to check for fluids in places they shouldn't be (air filter, etc.). Also, when it doubt, lay into the engine for a while to see if it's stress related. Otherwise, ??

·
Registered
62 Posts
had something similar with my daytona yesterday, oil light kept popping on but would go out after 2k rpm. Took her home undid the battery for about 10min. hooked it back up and all is fine. I'd be willing to bet it's computer related, unplug your battery wait 10-30min and plug it back in, should reset the computer and be good to go

·
Banned
245 Posts
is da bike fuel injected?

id look into a TPS sensor that is bad.

btw, its a 2004 so do you have a warranty on that. Someone might answer warranty work better then me. Because maybe they should pay for diagnostics because its still a fairly new bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts