Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And fuck the assistant dean of the business college.

My grandfather died in 2006, leading to me having two godawful semesters where I nearly failed all my classes, as I was out of state with family more than at school. Everyone told me "Don't worry about it, we won't hold this against you, we understand"

Then, I had some financial problems and had to take a semester off. I flat out couldn't pay to go to school, and I couldn't get a student loan (I don't know why, as my credit is great)

So now here I am trying to go back... and the assistant dean of my college is denying me due to the two bad semesters I had, even though SHE WAS THE FUCKING WORTHLESS CUNT BAG WHO TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THAT IT WOULDN'T BE HELD AGAINST ME.

So my student loans have come due and I don't have a school to go to, can't move because of my lease.

Fucking awesome.

Fuck that fucking bitch.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Ouch. Did you insist enough or tried talking with her again? Did you explain your situation to her?

If getting back to this school is not an option, don't let your lease hold you. I've broken 2 leases so far and the only thing that happens is you forget about getting your deposit back and go on.

Go speak with her again or even with her boss (whoever this may be). Explain your situation and tell him what she told you about not holding this against you. I hope everything works out well.

·
This End Up
1,960 Posts
So now here I am trying to go back... and the assistant dean of my college is denying me due to the two bad semesters I had, even though SHE WAS THE FUCKING WORTHLESS CUNT BAG WHO TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THAT IT WOULDN'T BE HELD AGAINST ME.
First rule of business: get it in writing.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch. Did you insist enough or tried talking with her again? Did you explain your situation to her?

If getting back to this school is not an option, don't let your lease hold you. I've broken 2 leases so far and the only thing that happens is you forget about getting your deposit back and go on.

Go speak with her again or even with her boss (whoever this may be). Explain your situation and tell him what she told you about not holding this against you. I hope everything works out well.
I've tried talking to her. She talks down to me, telling me I can always go to a community college, and says her decision is final.

And as for my lease, I've already talked to my landlady about it. It's not as simple as "lose the security deposit." She already told me that she'd take me to court over it.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First rule of business: get it in writing.
Yeah, I was definitely thinking about that sort of thing the day I got a call from my dad (Which I knew had to be bad news, because he called my fiancee's cell phone, and he's never called me before on either of our cell phones) saying "Rick. Come home. Grandpa died." and the following two weeks of doing nothing but sitting with my grandma while she cried.

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
That sucks dude, I know where you are coming from. I went to UARTs and during the end of my second year I got mono really bad. I missed about a months of classes and two of my elective teachers gave me incompletes because I missed their slide shows. This made me lose my scholarship and thus not able to go there anymore. I was pissed and moved home and went to york college for awhile. Doesn't IUP have a board that you can do a formal protest to? I would think that if you could protest to them and perhaps take proficiency exams to show them it is important to you. Maybe getting a letter from a psychologist indicating that the grief was debilitating to you would be a good thing to take to them as well. I would think the formal approach with things like this tends to get more results.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deans of the college have the final say.

And if I applied to a different college within the university, the dean of the business college still has the final decision.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Hey man I have nothing against you...

I understand that people cope differently to death.

However, in 2005, my senior year in college, my grandfather died. The night he died I was tossing and turning in my bed, as I knew something wasn't right. When I woke up my phone was ringing and my father told me "your grandfather" died last night. Now he wasn't sick...he was just old. 98 years old. So I went to get class excuses and etc., some teachers cut me slack...some didn't. But one thing that one of my professors told me was that "The world does not stop at the death of a loved one; tomorrow you still rise"...

...I thought the dude was being a jerk to me. but I found out he is right. WHen you're in school somehow students tend to think that people care...when in actuality they don't. I'm sorry you let yourself fall by the wayside with school as you did. I wish you the best in getting yourself back on track...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Sorry about your Grandfather. My dad had a stroke last year, he could go any day or next year ??? In that period of time since 2006 why did you sign a new lease.

·
Registered
34 Posts
you could possibly get into one of the other colleges instead of business but they all have set standards and required gpa's just like the business college does, so they might deny you also. What is wrong with the suggestion to go to a community college?

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Yup, tough lesson to learn but good its now and not later in a deal with a house, huge work contract, whatever. People suck. Sometimes there are good people but most won't live up to anything unless they are forced to. A contract is a great way to do that.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking about that sort of thing the day I got a call from my dad (Which I knew had to be bad news, because he called my fiancee's cell phone, and he's never called me before on either of our cell phones) saying "Rick. Come home. Grandpa died." and the following two weeks of doing nothing but sitting with my grandma while she cried.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
dont even worry about the land lady, even if she did take you to court she would win at best a couple months rent. and win does not mean get paid. you are what lawyers call judgment proof, cause yea they could sue you and win something but your already have no money so its not like you can pay them anyway so they are out time and costs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts