Sport Bikes banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I'm going to be at the court house for the tea party (I'm on security detail), so I won't be available until 2 or so. How about meeting up at Woodsons?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure where woodson's is, I know that back way to fortwayne now from moxie gonna meet up with hysteria saturday then we can head that way. We would be coming up from 33 if we decide to trek up there, problem is I dont know where to ride around fort wayne do you have some spots that can keep us busy for a while bass?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I would be up for somthing on Friday afternoon but I have a wedding to go to Sat so im out on that one

Rode about 100 miles Thurs with Moxie

Get ahold of me on the plans I will PM my phone #

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Not sure where woodson's is, I know that back way to fortwayne now from moxie gonna meet up with hysteria saturday then we can head that way. We would be coming up from 33 if we decide to trek up there, problem is I dont know where to ride around fort wayne do you have some spots that can keep us busy for a while bass?
This is my first year riding the area so I'm still looking for good roads. Woodson's is downtown, right on 24. Great dealership - BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM (but no street bikes)...

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I was heading out of town on Lake Avenue towards New Haven - there are some good roads out there - when I saw a blue R1 in the ditch all broken to shit, traffic backed up 1/4 mile, a car on the opposite side of the road with a massive dent in the front driver's fender and an ambulance just sitting there with cops directing traffic... looked REALLY bad. Didn't see any blood, or the biker anywhere, but I'd be surprised if he's not really fucked up or dead. No idea what happened, but there's a couple of big curves right there, so I'm guessing one of them crossed the center line and judging by the bike, I'm guessing he was moving pretty fast. It's right on a stretch of road where you can really get on it if you want. In fact, I had to hit the brakes pretty hard because I was winding it out and came around the first curve to find traffic backed up.

After that, I just rode home and parked the bike for the afternoon... Didn't want my wife to see news about a biker getting hit and killed in the same area I was riding in and worry for even one second it might be me. Plus it kind of killed the mood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully the downed rider will be ok. I have been at the scene of a couple motorcycle wrecks, including my own, and I hope I never have to go through it again. Your deffinately right about it killing the mood.

There were thousands of bikes out saturday. My wife and I rode to Lake City Cycle in Warsaw and went by the church in Arcola where the blessing of the bikes was being held. I heard on the news there were over 2000 bikes. I bet you could count on 1 hand how many sport bikes were there. It was a perfect day to ride. I had my leathers on and actually started to sweat. It was great!! On route 5, south out of Larwill, the highway had a couple nice posted 35 mph curves which was fun.

Can't wait now till next weekend. Hopefully its nice again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Friday is supposed to be perfect I would like to get a ride together for the evening till ????
Well till it gets to cold to ride
Looking for after 4 or so that way everyone has a chance to get home from work and get around
We could stop somewhere for dinner that night

Let me know if your interested and PM me with your name and phone number and location you are from.

Moxie give me a call to help put somthing together Scott will be out of town.

Tim

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Also as a side note if you have other friends you would like to invite to ride feel free the more the better!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
OK looks like after setting this up I will be out of town on Friday.....

I will be back in town to ride Sat after about 3 or 4 so I guess get with me on riding then.

Moxie was going to ride on Friday so get with him on riding that day.

Sorry Moxie it just came up that I was going to be able to go to the yearly Fire Convention in Indy but will ride Sat.

Sorry for the confussion

81 - 100 of 107 Posts