Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Me too im so sick of this weather !!!!!!!!!

Bike is getting a facelift when it starts to warm up and will be ready to ride as soon as weather permits !!!!

Everyone keep in touch and we can get a ride together when that happens maybe somthing long distance

Anyways later for now

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
after we've all put some miles in, I'd like to do a ride down to Oldenburg (down by Milan). Backroads the whole way. There's a killer place for fried chicken down there. We could do the ride down, eat, and ride back in 6 - 7 hours or so. I'll have to work up to it.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I've got to get my oil change done before I ride... haven't had time and can't afford to pay the shop $100 to do something I could do on my own for $20...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, new to this forum. I am a regular to the FZ1OA site but just learned of this forum. This is one of the few Fort Wayne threads I've been able to find. Hopefully this thread stays alive this year. I ride a 02 FZ1 and a 03 FJR. Looking forward to some warm weather soon!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
rode for about an hour yesterday... Didn't get too cold. I am ready for Spring. Also, there's a great new shop on the south side of town for service and parts. Straightline Performance on South Anthony (260) 918-2237. Good guys and really good prices. My service there was 1/2 of what Woodson's quoted me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I've seen that shop on craigslist selling some bikes? Was at woodson's today and checked out the new R1. Pretty cool bike.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I am hearing rumors of potential Triumph and Ducati franchises at a couple of different Fort Wayne shops - mainly Fort Wayne Honda and the former Engle Road Yamaha... I'm really hoping for a Triumph shop.

Yes, that's the shop that has had some used bikes on Craig's List. They don't have many bikes and most of those are pretty heavily modded, but they're good guys and they charge actual time rather than book time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That would be great if triumph came to the Fort. I seriously considered getting a triumph speed triple before the fz1. I think the closest triumph dealer is in Toledo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in Fort Wayne, last year I didn't ride much because I had no one to ride with, plus I am in Europe quite often, Today was a great day to ride but had no one to hang with

I am 42, and have an 2001 RC 51, I will be in france from March15th to the 27th '09.

But, I really would like to get in more riding time this year. Let me know if you guys are still looking for riders

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
We need to plan a meet up soon, and NOT with the squids at the taco bell by Piere's... hope none of you go there... Woodson's bike night on a Friday sometime? I'll be the big guy on a red Ninja 650R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We need to plan a meet up soon, and NOT with the squids at the taco bell by Piere's... hope none of you go there... Woodson's bike night on a Friday sometime? I'll be the big guy on a red Ninja 650R.
Well I still don't know where pieres is, So you don't see me there. I have a family to be responsible for so I don't ride like it is my last day. I am up for riding any time it is warm enough and I am in town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
By the way what is Woodson's .. a bike shop? I am a little new in tow, 2 years now, still learning where everything is, I know about hayden and redline honda

·
Registered
341 Posts
+1. I've gone there a few time's and have never met anyone I would like to associate myself with. Where is Woodson's at? My familiarity with the Fort is not the greatest.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
right downtown. well, a little east of downtown. If you're coming from Newhaven on 24, it's on the left hand side before you get into town. If you're coming through Fort Wayne, when you see the sign for Matthew25 health clinic look to your left and you'll see a Yamaha sign. They've got BMW, Kawasaki, KTM (but only the dirt bikes), Suzuki, and Yamaha. Huge showroom. The BMWs are up front and the jap bikes are in the back...

21 - 40 of 107 Posts