Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'll be arriving about Dec 19 so hopefully i'll get to meet some of you next riding season or for :beer over the winter....
are there any trackdays in the area....i'm totally addicted to trackdays and racing.... :fiddy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Doh! I just left there in February!

I'll be back in 2007!

·
Registered
251 Posts
well when you get to co springs be ready for a whole lotta squids.....but worse than the squids are the cops! there are like 5 cops to every car it seems like. for tracks you have PMI in pueblo about 45 mins away and then various tracks within an hour or two at most. most of them are in the range of 70 bucks for a full day and 45 for a half. but when you get here man after the roads in the mtns clear up i can take you on some awsome canyon rides if your interested. also check out www.COsportbikeclub.org awsome site just for Colorado and is split up regionaly.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sparker said:
well when you get to co springs be ready for a whole lotta squids.....but worse than the squids are the cops! there are like 5 cops to every car it seems like. for tracks you have PMI in pueblo about 45 mins away and then various tracks within an hour or two at most. most of them are in the range of 70 bucks for a full day and 45 for a half. but when you get here man after the roads in the mtns clear up i can take you on some awsome canyon rides if your interested. also check out www.COsportbikeclub.org awsome site just for Colorado and is split up regionaly.
muchas gracias - i don't ride on the street very much anymore.... :beer

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will be back by the beginning of 06, but got to ride before I left for the Sandbox, hit the other site for sure, I did when I first arrived in CO. So, now I get to ponder my next bike, can you say 06 ZX-10R! I will be setting my 7R up to do track days, can't wait to ride again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm down in the Springs also. Like you, I'm not much of a street rider anymore. And yeah, it's nothing but squids around the springs. My bike is becoming a track/race only bike over the winter, so when you get here drop me a line and we'll go hit up the tracks. I'm always looking for someone to go to the track with.

·
Registered
145 Posts
X,
I actually ride alot on the street, but I do have to watch out for the squids. I am planning to pick up as many track days and maybe some racing schools as I can, of course I know I'll never beat V. Rossi! This will be my 1st winter in CO, coming up from FL, so I'm used to riding year round, this might suck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can only think of the MRA school that runs twice around March or April. And Jason Pridmore's school that showed up once this last summer. If he comes back I hope I can afford it. badgixxer, check out www.mra-racing.org thats our local racing club.

·
Registered
109 Posts
highside7r said:
X,
I actually ride alot on the street, but I do have to watch out for the squids. I am planning to pick up as many track days and maybe some racing schools as I can, of course I know I'll never beat V. Rossi! This will be my 1st winter in CO, coming up from FL, so I'm used to riding year round, this might suck!
I am originally from Panama City, FL and while the winters here in Colorado Springs actually get snow...I find in many instances that it feels less cold due to the really dry air as opposed to the humid FL air that cuts to the bone in winter sometimes.

Also...we do get snow here but not normally alot. It melts within a day or two for some pretty good riding year round if you can live with layering your clothing some in the winter. I'll take the fantastic twisties here and the snow anyday over FL's straight roads and still cold temps in winter.

I ride alot of street also and I can confirm the ridiculous #'s of cops here. Its not uncommon to see like 6-8 bike cops hiding behind walls, bridges, etc waiting to pounce on ppl. I've been lucky so far. (knock on wood)

PM me when you get in and we can do some street rides. Wish I had a track bike!

Nathan...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nathan,
Thanks man, I'm from Pensacola so, I know what you are saying about the winters in FL. I did ride year round down in FL, so I was wanting to see just how bad it got here in the Springs. Thanks for the info, and I'll be looking for the cops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts