Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be having a problem with the recall, I haven't received the parts even though I'm in the same province as the FS6 guys - and nobody there will answer my emails about it. I've had these things for 2 weeks now, and they've had my money, and they're still not on my bike - I'm not very pleased at this point.

Has anybody else received the replacement parts?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Not me but mail to and from canada is VERY slow. I ship FE's to Austrailia in 5-7 days and it takes as long as two weeks to get one to a canadian customer. Customs must really scrutinize every package that goes through there or they are overwelmed. If you are in the same province then they must not have shipped yet. Guess I won't get them in time for my next track day next weekend. :mg

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might explain the problem if I didn't live in the same province in Canada as FS6. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
No i haven't gotten mine either. It took over 2 weeks to get the sliders in (i just got them yesterday) and they came with the wrong bolt. I'm almost tempted to get one from work. I'm sure I can get a forged steel hex head bolt from work. We use lots of bolts where I work for really heavy loads.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I sent Nick an email the other day myself letting him know that I haven't recieved my sliders at all. Usually he gets back to me within a few hours at the most. I haven't heard a thing from him yet though.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very mysterious and worrysome. I think I might give them a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Very mysterious and worrysome. I think I might give them a call tomorrow.
Give them a call. You'll get Tim's voicemail but he (in the past anyway) responds pretty quickly. I was the first one to receive my sliders and I'm still waiting for the replacement bolt too. Didn't they say to start to worry if we hadn't seen anything by the beginning of next week? You and I should be first ones to get ours, we'll see.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They said to "let them know" if you haven't received it by today, at least in the email I received.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I bought a box of the right type of grade 12 cap head bolts because I'm tired of waiting and I don't want a big hex head bolt showing in the end of the slider. I have 24 extras for anyone who wants one. Cost is $2 + shipping of your choice.

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
"Shipments will go out on Tuesday May 24th 2005. All will be shipped via Canada Post Airmail at our expense"

I think its safe for me to pull out the :bs

There isn't a happy customer in this post.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, how much exactly does it cost to ship a bolt to Canada via USPS Air? :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's the recall all about? I have been away for a while, and I haven't heard anything about it. Did they ship wrong bolts or something with the orders? Mine seemed to fit fine when I installed them.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
rynosims said:
What's the recall all about? I have been away for a while, and I haven't heard anything about it. Did they ship wrong bolts or something with the orders? Mine seemed to fit fine when I installed them.
The recall was for the two piece sliders. If you have the 1 piece then you are good to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All I know about this is that I am really not happy with this company, and if I knew this was going to happen I would have gone with another brand. I ordered mine back at the end of april and I still only have one slider on my bike. WTF this is horrible customer service. A friend of mine asked what brand sliders were good and I told him my story and he looked at a couple other brands on the internet but he totoally ruled out the FS6.

Oh yeah BTW I still havent gotten my replacement parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts