Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everyone is probably aware now of the details of the whole FS6 sliders debacle. I finally got my bolt in and I'm a little pissed off as it is. First of all, it's their mistake that they sent the wrong bolt. Regardless of how "economically feasible it was" to get the right 120mm M10-1.25 bolt, they should have made it right, sent the right bolt regardless of how much it cost them and adjusted the price for future orders to compensate for the increased part cost.

Instead, they half assed it. They sent out the hex head bolt and said "the socket heads are too expensive and so that it doesn't cost us more money, we're going to send you a mismatched bolt and, an extra puck for the trouble." To me, that was bullshit, but I was somewhat willing to suck it up and deal with it because the sliders were pretty darn cheap. So, I go to try to install the sliders when I get my bolt, and low and behold, they didn't design the puck with enough clearance for a standard size socket. I've already got a high quality socket set, and I'm not about to go out and buy 1 17mm socket of a certain brand so that I can install one bolt one time. There are ANSI and ISO standard out there that determine clearance diameters for bolts that will be installed with sockets. The information is redily available in any machinists handbook. That's just stupid, it's poor engineering, and it's absolutley unacceptable customer service. FS6 has put the customer last in the whole fiasco. So, I'm sending my sliders back, I'm going to demand a full refund and I'm going to buy the LSL blue ones.

I refuse to give my business to a company that's going to treat me like that. Am I the only one that feels this way?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
You get what you pay for?

I actually had no problem when I got my one piece sliders from FS6. They showed up in a decent amount of time, though they delayed shipment a little because they ran out of bolts (they didn't expect as many orders as they got). No big deal. It's a new, small company. They don't have a lot of money to keep a large overhead.

That being said, there's a reason they had to go the less expensive route. They're NOT a large company and can't afford the loss. Talk to FAZR6. I believe he got ahold of some of the proper SHCS needed for the original design. It'll run you a couple bucks each.

·
Registered
803 Posts
No your not. I started this whole deal with them by helping them design the one piece set, so I had a sort of relationship with them. Now, I feel like you do. I recieved my two piece sliders a little over a week ago, took one look and said to myself, 'those will never make it on my bike'. I was seriously disappointed with the two piece slider all the way around. Looks to me like they handed that project to a rookie and then never checked up on him later. I don't blame you a bit. I am sorry that so many people have been disappointed now though, I feel pretty responsible. Not because I can do anything about it, but because I introduced them to the forum. I hope you get everything worked out with them. :beer

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, from an engineering standpoint, i'm a little worried about the load distribution that would occur in a crash because of the desing of these. Basically you would hvae a side load attempting to bend that bolt in the event of a crash and the left side slider is a prett good sized lever arm. That bolt is much stronger than the aluminum frames bolt eye and the motor mount. I don't know if all frame sliders are designed that way but I was initially suspicious of that when I saw it. I'd have to run an analysis of the joint to see if it would hold up. I wonder if the did any of that when they did their design

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
jbright44 said:
Personally, from an engineering standpoint, i'm a little worried about the load distribution that would occur in a crash because of the desing of these. Basically you would hvae a side load attempting to bend that bolt in the event of a crash and the left side slider is a prett good sized lever arm. That bolt is much stronger than the aluminum frames bolt eye and the motor mount. I don't know if all frame sliders are designed that way but I was initially suspicious of that when I saw it. I'd have to run an analysis of the joint to see if it would hold up. I wonder if the did any of that when they did their design
It's been more or less tested, though unscientifically, by a couple members of the board. The sliders and bolt bend, but no damage has been found to the frame or engine (there was one frame that was cracked, but we suspect it was from the impact rather than the bending).

I opted for the one piece delrin sliders. I feel more comfortable with them than the two-piece.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I doubt they'll do more harm than good, I didn't buy the sliders to prevent a write-off from a major crash, I bought them to protect my bike visually in case of a minor spill. I have insurance, if the bike goes down hard (hopefully not my fault) I would rather just write it off than have it "fixed" anyway.

As for the new puck, my socket fit it just fine - so I can't really complain there. I didn't really like that I had to use two different tools to fasten a set of sliders but once they're on you can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Folks, I would like to jump in to put all of this into perspective. I've appreciated all the people I've had a chance to chat with and of course the business given to us by members of this forum.

In reading this post I do get the feeling as if people have been short changed or "done wrong" somehow. From a customer service perspective, not a single customer has ever been denied a refund for any reason. I personally have come on this forum and apologized for the error we made in packaging...I have also numerously mentioned through the entire time we had the packaging problem that if anyone was not willing to wait, or not happy in any way to let me know and they would get a full refund.

If you do not like the product that is OK, if you do not like the fact that the wrong bolt was put into the packages that is also OK (I'm not very happy about that either),but I fail to see where there was a lack of service given to anyone...the door was left open the whole time to walk out.

This is a barely 6 month old company trying to come to life..mistakes will happen. My resources are not unlimited, but I did what I could in light of the circumstances to correct an error.

Nick
[email protected]

Metric said:
No your not. I started this whole deal with them by helping them design the one piece set, so I had a sort of relationship with them. Now, I feel like you do. I recieved my two piece sliders a little over a week ago, took one look and said to myself, 'those will never make it on my bike'. I was seriously disappointed with the two piece slider all the way around. Looks to me like they handed that project to a rookie and then never checked up on him later. I don't blame you a bit. I am sorry that so many people have been disappointed now though, I feel pretty responsible. Not because I can do anything about it, but because I introduced them to the forum. I hope you get everything worked out with them. :beer

·
Registered
944 Posts
Well, I like mine just fine :)

And if i remember right, the damaged frame was a little highside accident, and the slider was an LSL not a FS6.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
nickm said:
This is a barely 6 month old company trying to come to life..mistakes will happen. My resources are not unlimited, but I did what I could in light of the circumstances to correct an error.

Nick
[email protected]
Well put Nick.

You had mentioned that you switched to a hex head bolt for cost purposes. I have not found a source for the 120mm x M10 in a fine thread. Perhaps you could offer the bolts as a purchse option?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
Well put Nick.

You had mentioned that you switched to a hex head bolt for cost purposes. I have not found a source for the 120mm x M10 in a fine thread. Perhaps you could offer the bolts as a purchse option?
Yeah. I went looking and even McMaster Carr doesn't have them. Thanks Yamaha! lol

Personally, I think Nick and FS6 have done a fine job. There are just some people too impatient to work with him/them.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
04Fizzer said:
Personally, I think Nick and FS6 have done a fine job. There are just some people too impatient to work with him/them.
Well, I can certainly understand the situation. I was getting pretty damn impatient myself, but then I looked at the reality of it. Getting my frame sliders was not a life or death thing so, I'd get them when it was time. I know there was nothing keeping me from getting a refund, I kind of wanted to try and help out a local (relatively) Canadian company.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm happy here too. It was an honest mistake and they made it right. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for posting up here nick. Maybe I was just a little out of line and little pissed off when I found out that I couldn't put the sliders on with my tools. I sent FS6 an email yesterday asking for a refund and they replied to my email and refunded me the money immediately on the promise that I would send the stuff back. That's good customer service. I was unaware that you guys were only 6 months old as a company. By your website, it looked like you were much more established than that. I appologize for the muckraking. You guys keep up the good work and the attitude you've been having. Maybe I'll give you my money back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Everyone, really appreciate the kind words I've gotten via email. jbright, really appreciate the apology. THANK YOU!!!

Onto more interesting discussion I was at the track the better part of the weekend speaking to the team we are sponsoring this year (www.turn2.ca) ...there has been a lot of debate on the 1 piece vs. 2 piece products, I've mentioned to a few people via email that there is not a noticabile difference in performance between the two. James Collins (currently #2 in the Canadian AM 600 championship) went down at a regional this weekend at approx 160~170km/h (about 100-ish MPH)...he was able to pick up his R6 and continue the race.

I hope this is not considered advertising by the moderators as I intend this as peace of mind for current owners of our product... but here is a photo of the bike post race. These are of course our 2 piece sliders.The design is identical to the FZ6 sliders many of you already own.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts