Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold

For Sale: Two MotoComm Full-Face Headsets, model MC-551.

I bought these so that I could use my Cobra GMRS radios on my bike. I bought a second for my passenger. I now have a Chatterbox and no longer need these headsets.

They are in perfect condition and are in the original packaging. The only thing missing from each set is a small piece of velcro for the microphone - It is of course adhesive and could not be removed from my helmets.

$30.00 for one set shipped inside the lower 48.

$50.00 for both sets shipped inside the lower 48.

Here's a link for more info on the headsets

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
so are the helmets going too??

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Man, I wish I could buy these...but they aren't the ones that go with my radios...and I've got rather nice radios, so it wouldn't be worth it to get new radios...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kdk1899 said:
so are the helmets going too??
No, the helmets don't come with them - I had mounted these headsets in a pair of Arai Signet GT helmets (mine and my wife's). They have been completely removed.

Each MC-551 package comes complete with...
· 1pc Speaker/Microphone Headset for Full-Face Helmets
· 1pc Weatherproof Handlebar Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch
· 1pc 3-Way Interface Cable
· 1pc Coiled PTT Extension Cable
· All Installation Accessories, except small piece of velcro for attaching microphone to chin bar.

I have two packages for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I could use those headsets, but alas all I have avial to spend is 40 bucks. if you could get them to 85226 for that, I will pay pal you the money.

Later,
craig

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
do you need anything else to get these running? like some sort of reciever? and to talk to a passenger all i need is the two sets? i may be interested...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First, "Thank You" to both of you for expressing interest in these headsets. Sorry about the late response, I just got back from vacation and haven't checked the board or my e-mail for about a week.
callyer said:
I could use those headsets, but alas all I have avial to spend is 40 bucks. if you could get them to 85226 for that, I will pay pal you the money.
Not sure if I can accept payment via paypal - I only have a very basic account. Would rather be mailed a check. I'll look into the paypal option, though....by the way, I also just got your e-mail this AM.
patfitz9 said:
do you need anything else to get these running? like some sort of reciever? and to talk to a passenger all i need is the two sets? i may be interested...
Yep, you'll need two FRS or GMRS radios that are compatible with the headsets. A compatibility list can be found at the MotoComm site. Mine are Cobra GMRS radios. I still use my Cobra radios by themselves for outdoor activities, so these aren't for sale.

To be completely honest, If you're primarily interested in using them for rider-to-passenger communication, you'd probably be better off getting a Chatterbox HJC-50 Tandem Pro intercom system or similar.

And just in case anyone is wondering, the MotoComm headsets are NOT compatible with Chatterbox products - I tried this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hope you had a good vacation, shoot me an e-mail (you should have my address from the e-mail I sent you.) give me an address and I will have my bill pay send you a check.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
501 Posts
gpTT said:
To be completely honest, If you're primarily interested in using them for rider-to-passenger communication, you'd probably be better off getting a Chatterbox HJC-50 Tandem Pro intercom system or similar.

QUOTE]

Why is that? is the quality better?

how much are the cobra radios(I know they aren't for sale, but how much would I spend on radios that are compatable with your headsets)?

$50 shipped is an awesome price. the next thing I am buying is a radio system. I want something for rider to passenger and rider to rider. how were your cobra radios for the $$ that they cost?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LifeLiberty said:
Why is that? is the quality better?

how much are the cobra radios(I know they aren't for sale, but how much would I spend on radios that are compatable with your headsets)?

$50 shipped is an awesome price. the next thing I am buying is a radio system. I want something for rider to passenger and rider to rider. how were your cobra radios for the $$ that they cost?
I found that having a rider AND a passenger using these headsets to communicate to be rather cumbersome. Each has to have a radio, a wire from the radio to the helmet, and a wire from the wiring harness to the push-to-talk button. It seemed to be a lot of trouble to get everything hooked up on both people before a ride. Only one person can talk at a time, and other radio users can "overhear" your conversation.

The intercom systems work more like a telephone - you can both be talking at the same time. You don't have a push-to-talk button - just a wire from the passenger's helmet to the intercom unit on the rider helmet. Much less hassle to wear and communicate. A friend gave me a good price on a used Chatterbox FRS-X2 with 2 headsets, and I found it much easier to use the built-in intercom feature on the Chatterbox for rider-to-passenger communication than the 2 radio system. I decided to get rid of the MotoComm headsets.

My cobra radios are GMRS, VOX activated units and were $75 for a pair after a $10 rebate. If you went with FRS non-VOX units, you could probably pick up a pair for quite a bit less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts