Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS or Trade: 02' Yamaha R1 ---maybe 4 a Kawasaki?

FS or Trade: (UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2002 Yamaha R1
14k miles w/ lots o' goodies

*Just had new fluids and etc. put in as well as a fresh oil change last week

Bike also has:
* Scorpion Titanium Flame exhaust
* PCIII Usb Power Commander
* K&N Air Filter
* Graves velocity stacks
* Graves smog block-off kit
* Avon 200 Rear Tire & Avon Front Tire
* Lowered 2" in rear with links
* Lowered 1 1/2" in front with forks
* Racing strap in front just installed
* Have original kickstand and one for when it's lowered
* -1 (15 tooth) Driven front sprocket
* HID headlights
* Polished Wheels (front and rear)
* Carbon Fiber triple tree cover
* Carbon fiber heal plates
* Carbon fiber levers
* Smoke Tinted Double Bubble windscreen
* Polished Mirror Block-offs
* Chrome R1 Bar-ends
* Harris R1 grips
* Fender eliminator kit
* Aftermarket front turn signals (flushies)
* Shorty rear signals (smoked)
* Yamaha Solo seat cowl painted to match
* Rear tire hugger painted to match

* Also just picked up a new left side fairing that just needs to be repainted

I purchased the bike from another member of these forums a few months ago. I have only done improvements to the bike, adding mods and riding it casually. Since purchase I have put on the PCIII usb power commander, windscreen, bought the stock parts for inspection, mirror block-offs, carbon fiber peices, solo seat cowl, front sprocket, and k&n air filter. The bike runs great, has a lot of power and handles nicely. Everything works perfectly. I also have the original parts to go along with it for inspection (as it just passed inspection here in DE - tagged til' 09'). I have the stock rear turn signals and fender, stock front turn signals, reflectors, and mirrors. I also have the rear seat for it in perfect condition.

There are a few scratches on the bike. There are a couple scratches on the top of the tank, and on the rear fairing near on the corner near the tail-light. There is also a crack from lord knows what on the left side fairing about the size of a quarter and some scratches on the stator cover (new on ebay is less than 30 dollars). All of these things are not really noticeable, and if you desired you could replace the some scratched peices all for under $300 with new stuff from ebay. Theres also a couple scratches on the exhaust pipe from the hanger itself (also not a big deal)... and if you were that picky you could replace it for about $200 on ebay...then the bike would be perfect.

I'm putting it up for sale just because I want to finally pay off a few bills, then get another bike afterwards. I've got a few monthly bills that are too expensive, so as soon as i'm able to pay them off I can get right back into another bike. You know, good debt is better than bad debt (payments too high).

I am however open for trades, and can just suck it up and ride this summer if the right bike appeals to me. I may even end up deciding to keep it, who knows.

Oh, and the bikes never been down... the scratches look to be from previous owners not being careful around the bike, and the small crack/scratches on stator cover & corner of the fairing are probably from a parking lot tip-over.

I am asking $5,900 Obo... or trade.

Post on here, PM me, or email me @ [email protected]

New Pic... the bike looks way better now:

Old pics:

Scratch / crack (look worse in pics than in real life):

·
Registered
45 Posts
i would take it off ya hands but dont have enough. how low u willing to go on it?

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YARDMAN said:
i would take it off ya hands but dont have enough. how low u willing to go on it?
I'm not really trying to come off of that price much at all.... beacuse I literally just picked it up a few months ago and put money into it, ya know?

But I see this is your first bike, so you probably don't want to pick up an R1 for your first ride man...:cheers

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok, I would definitely trade for a Kawasaki 636 or Zx-somethin'.... love those bikes... may consider other trades as well.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rcbuggy1 said:
Trade for 05 SV650 race bike?
Hmmm...... send pics to [email protected]

I'm actually pretty sure I'm not going to sell it anymore. I've recently done a few things to the bike that made me fall in love with it all over again.

I'll give this thread another couple days and if nothing happens between now and then i'll take it out of here.

:cheers

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Bump ----- and updated mod list, bike now has velocity stacks, and smog block-off kit as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts