Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hillbilly Backwoods Racer
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, bought this for my Jeep and LOVE XM but we got a new car which already had it an I'm probably giong to be selling my Jeep this summer (anyone want a 98 TJ 2.5L with 85K for $6200?! ). This is the SkyFi2 with the car kit. The SkyFi2 is the one that includes a remote and has the rewind and replay functions kind of like a PVR except it doesn't permanetly record. Just like if you're listening to a song and want to hear it again, you hit the Back button and it starts over, up to 30 minutes I think. Anyways, it's in excellent shape, just had it about 3 months. I got the box and should have all the manuals and little brackets and pieces. Only thing you may need is another piece of sticky tape. I didn't screw it down in my Jeep, I just used the double sided super strong tape that came with it and stuck the bracket on with that. I realyl didn't expect it to hold for more than 5 minutes but I was surprised, held up all this time and it'll actually be hard for me to get it off my Jeep

Anyways, I paid about $179 new for this and considering it's condition and that I've still got the box and everything, lets try $120 shipped. Also, this is the one that has the FM Modulator so you dont' have to have Aux inputs on your stereo. I used the FM modulator for some time until I got an adapter to plug this into my Pioneer in the AUX port. The FM modulator works better than you'd think if you pick a low station (like 88.3 instead of 106.5). This comes with the tape adapter if you want to use it. It's supposed to be better than FM but I had a CD player so I wouldn't know.

e-mail: ljlt at infoave dot net
AIM: SornyWRX
Heat: Sorny

PayPal will work, sorry, no trades. I got ebay refs too if you want 'em.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I can pick up a new Delphi SkyFi2 brand new shipped for $64.99, the car kit I can get for $49.29 brand new shipped. So I can pick up everything brand new and shipped for a total of $114.28.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Save $4.28 here. ;) I didn't know they were that cheap... bastards. :(

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you bought it at a retail store. For example Wal-Mart wanted like $130 for the Delphi SkyFi2, the Delphi MyFi XM2Go player they wanted $300 yet I can find it for $185 shipped.
Sales tax :pisson, damn bastards always want money, you never own a damn thing anymore...

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I bought it as BestBuy :( Should've looked around online.. I think the prices might've dropped anyways. Some guy put his SkiFi2+car kit on eBay and it ended the day before yesterday for $95+shipping, maybe thats my best bet unless someone here will offer $100 shipped? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts